Space Engineers (Bug Fixing Period)

Author Topic: Space Engineers (Bug Fixing Period)  (Read 165767 times)

now i can make decent looking fighters

Oy mates, the stranger has come around to revive this thread. I remember posting and asking a few moments ago (weeks, months, I don't know) if I should buy the game.

So now the scenario has changed a bit. I did buy it from a non-steam website but steam didn't get the payment so they took the game from me. I received funds after telling this to the non-steam page and used them to another games at the same site (the funds were the sites only), and I had a meh experience in space engineers. How ever, that was like what, 6 months ago. When I started I didn't know that uranium ran everything, and now I have a more clear vision of the game.

Now, for the questions.

1. How long is this game playable as singleplayer?
2. If I'm bored in SP, should I go to multiplayer servers?
3. How long is this game playable with a friend?
4. If we both buy it, should we go on a public server or make our own?
5. How difficult and how fluid do the mechanics in the game feel? (the drill thing you can install into ships and such, maybe remote controls)

I'm looking at this game and it looks really fun. I just had a horrible first experience. I'll proooobably buy it when I get some cash.

The part that keeps me interested in this game is the constant updates from the developers and modding community. Bound to be something knew to play with at least every week.

The part that keeps me interested in this game is the constant updates from the developers and modding community. Bound to be something knew to play with at least every week.

Yeah I looked at that too. They push amazingly big updates considering its every week schedule. That's one big minus off the devs and the early access part of the game.

1. How long is this game playable as singleplayer?
Pretty decent. I logged about 8 hours before I opened up my first world to MP, and that was a long time ago.
2. If I'm bored in SP, should I go to multiplayer servers?
Yes.
3. How long is this game playable with a friend?
Infinitely playable.
4. If we both buy it, should we go on a public server or make our own?
Ehhhhhh. If you go on a public server you need to be aware that griefing is INCREDIBLY easy. Like you can put literally zero effort into ruining someone's day.
5. How difficult and how fluid do the mechanics in the game feel? (the drill thing you can install into ships and such, maybe remote controls)
They're pretty flawless. Astronaut movement feels real. It takes a little while to get used to the astronaut controls but ship controls are very straight forward if you've ever played a flying game before.

Personally, I prefer skubmade. But I do make an effort to play this game once a week because the updates in this game are all very interesting and (usually) add something substantial to the game. Buy it once you get cash.

New update:

Summary
The G-screen layout has been completely recreated (custom tabs are still work in progress). A search box for the G-screen has been also added along with the antenna’s range visibility and the item spawning tools for world makers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHRMq3Hkc_4

Features:
- recreated G-screen layout - it provides easier and faster access to what you need
- moddable categories for G-screen blocks and tools (can be edited in the new BlockCategories.sbc file)
- search textbox in the G-screen to make it easier to find that one block
- added antenna range visualization (under info tab)
- added object creation for player-made scenarios (creative mode only, Shift + F10)
- sensor is now able to detect voxels (asteroids)

Fixes:
- fixed crash in missile launcher shooting
- fixed issue with multiple ships in one spawn group shooting at each other
- fixed crash in modding API caused by ConfigDedicated.Administrator s
- fixed sync issues with damage application to blocks
- fixed shifted jetpack animation on characters in multiplayer
- fixed missing welding/grinding/drilling sounds
- fixed player spawning twice in the world after remotely controlling a ship
- fixed custom palette resetting after spawn
- fixed issue when asteroids are not properly update when a lot of explosives go off near them
- fixed ModAPI is no longer working for some namespaces
- fixed roosterpit inertia displayed wrong in 1st person
- fixed timers execute one tab only
- fixed collector not collecting 0 speed items
- fixed G-Menu search-box reaction on shortcuts
- fixed ModAPI ConfigDedicated.Administrator s causes exception
- fixed crash while starting remote control by sensor

Blog post here: http://forums.keenswh.com/post?id=7095351

I hope that programmable blocks will be easy to pick up on. I hate having to keep track of multiple difficult languages...

but that's a forum

it's not against the rules

hes not advertising it and hes posted it multiple times before

it's not against the rules
hes not advertising it and hes posted it multiple times before
no, I mean, it's not a blog

I'm confused

oh I see
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 05:12:46 PM by Badger »

Yay, asteroid eating drones are now possible.

[im g width=1000]http://http ://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/547509212114583892/6210C54376A7CEF35C757B1B312885A6D015AA1B/[/img]

beepbeep

what is that thing in the top right?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 02:07:31 PM by Deus Ex »