Author Topic: Space Engineers (Bug Fixing Period)  (Read 167453 times)

I play creative and rarely survival

oy guise, I just started to play this game, as I spoke earlier. I started the "one little ship with scarce resources" scenario thing, and crashed the ship 5 times and had to restart before arriving correctly at the asteroid. I tried to figure out the uranium a bit and then I got it, and I started to fix my ship what crashed a bit to the ground, and after that fixed a landing pad to it.

It's fun as hell.

yes. that's the beauty of space engineers

anyone hosting? I would like to play with someone

also how do I put an exact value (by typing) instead of using the slidebar? slidebars aren't so precise...

also how do I put an exact value (by typing) instead of using the slidebar? slidebars aren't so precise...
drag while holding ctrl IIRC but I haven't played since the revamp

anyone hosting? I would like to play with someone

I might do it sometime, you do creative or survival? Also does this game need portforwarding or not?

Ay yo this game is fun, but why is the survival so uhm... time consuming?
Like I understand it is realistic, but I don't think its that fun anymore if everything takes a lot of time. What I mean im building a drill ship and what I now have is landing gear and the roosterpit, and the overall things seem to take plenty of time to craft (thrusters, conveyor systems, all that)

Like I understand it is realistic, but I don't think its that fun anymore if everything takes a lot of time. What I mean im building a drill ship and what I now have is landing gear and the roosterpit, and the overall things seem to take plenty of time to craft (thrusters, conveyor systems, all that)

use multipliers in the game settings, it will make stuff faster

and I play only creative

survival really isn't fun alone

get a few friends to join in, you'll get stuff done faster, get more cool ideas and generally have way more fun

also, does anyone else have this problem
basically, I can start the game and it will run fluently with acceptable fps
now after alt-tab (or windows-d or alt-esc) -ing to some other program and back, the game suddenly runs like stuff
there is no way to fix it in game
after restarting the game, it runs fluently again

survival really isn't fun alone

get a few friends to join in, you'll get stuff done faster, get more cool ideas and generally have way more fun

now after alt-tab (or windows-d or alt-esc) -ing to some other program and back, the game suddenly runs like stuff

windowed mode

yeah I get this stuff too

really annoying because the map I use takes 5 minutes to load

I had a fun day today, finished the drill ship and it was awesome. Tho I wanted to install a connector so I did but something went wrong. How do you install conveyors to a small ship so that the drill is connected to the conveyor? I did It funky style, and it doesn't work so something is off, clearly. Ill show you.

I have the conveyor system turned on, and when I try to transfer stuff from the drill to the connector it doesnt do anything, and when I do the collect all thing that doesnt work either. I have very limited knowledge though, gonna look a few videos.

EDIT: after watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_NJQv1vkU4 , it appears there is some kind of small tubes even for small ships, and a small connector? When I put my connector on the ship it was huge, and there was no way to get it that tiny.

EDIT2: Yeah, I kinda solved my self. Went to creative to figure out the small tubes. Ah well. I might as well show a picture of my ugly ass digger sometime.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 02:58:00 PM by Mocha Furrier »

instead of the huge connector, use an ejector

it's only 1x1x1 and can throw out minerals just fine