I bought a bow today

Author Topic: I bought a bow today  (Read 5258 times)

Its a recurve longbow, I can change the poundage with tightening bolts on the visor, or changing the limbs entirely.
I bought the most expensive beginner visor, there was a stuffty heavy ugly one for £90.

Its not over priced, I paid for some nice equipment, the arrow set alone cost £40.
The limbs are Premium+, the visor has a nice paint job and its lightweight. I didnt pay for an average beginner bow, I paid for a very good beginner bow.

If you don't mind me asking, why get the visor anyway? This is coming from someone who learned without one.

If you don't mind me asking, why get the visor anyway? This is coming from someone who learned without one.
I meant Riser, sorry.

why did i read the title and assume that you bought like the accessory kind of bow
Because bowties are cool?

how many hits till kill
3 if headshot.
I know, life is pretty bugged.

If you aren't into archery, then it isn't worth that price tag of $500, but if you are then it is. It looks really cool.

why did i read the title and assume that you bought like the accessory kind of bow

If you aren't into archery, then it isn't worth that price tag of $500, but if you are then it is. It looks really cool.
You just decided to read the op and not even flick through some replies?

But three hundred pounds? Who in the world pays for an old archery weapon?

people who can't get guns

Not a lot, considering average families have about £200.
$500 for an 18 year old isn't spoiled. It's also not a lot when you grow older. If you are smart about what you do, you can use more than $500 daily.
Whut

I thought I had a sorta tentative grasp of money
this is absurd
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 09:52:51 PM by Katadeus »

got this for 550 dollars

Guns pwn imo

I wouldn't expect any resonable answer to that in this thread

I guess for the sheer enjoyment. Now, if you want to hunt, archery is generally legal in all states for all (legal to hunt) animals.
The feeling of killing a huge Elk with a Recurve long bow is an amazing feeling.

But in one of my recent posts, his is almost worthless for hunting. Generally, for hunting you need 50# or higher to hunt. Most prefer compound because it uses pulleys to reduce the strain. However, you cant overdraw with a compound bow. Compound bows can and generally are stronger than standard bows, but imo i find it kinda cheating if you use a compound to hunt.

What Furdle and I have is only pricy because of the riser, which allows you to change the limbs on the bow. The riser is the center part on the Modern-Traditional recurve bows. I can change my 35# limbs to 60# limbs if I felt like hunting. You cant do this with Tradition recurve bows because, well, they are usually wooden or fiberglass. These ones are more modern, but still keep the traditional shooting style.

I like archery, if you cant tell.