Author Topic: Blockland Identification Project - Mod Update 2  (Read 4263 times)

Did anyone actually manage to download the blid/name database from rtb before it went poof?
I was gonna, but it went down literally like an hour before I decided to.

Hey, I just realized I can make an automated program which contributes to your list.
Sounds like my next project! The only problem is that I need to post to the web site slowly so that I don't appear to be a DoS attacker. I can't just use the /post URL as much as I want :(.

fixed 2. ipquarx.
Hey, I just realized I can make an automated program which contributes to your list.
Sounds like my next project! The only problem is that I need to post to the web site slowly so that I don't appear to be a DoS attacker. I can't just use the /post URL as much as I want :(.
we have 1Gbps internet and infinite bandwidth, but if you really feel bad make a queue that after each send calls sleep or pause whatever (3 seconds would be fine tbh, I set up a script that doesnt even sleep so I can't imagine that unless you are literally sending several requests a second that it would make any effect what so ever, and even then you'd need to literally be flooding it for it to look sketchy).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 11:50:44 PM by 0xBRIANSMITH »

Okay, thanks.
My whole plan was to use the forum to collect user information.
I'm going to write a quick program and use pretty much the same method Pacnet did to create his index.

This is a good idea here. Very good idea. Thank you Brian.
the only problem with RTB was that some people were freaking paranoid and hid on nonrtb servers. Can you make a client one that works the same as the server one and catches everyone's names on servers you join?

This is a good idea here. Very good idea. Thank you Brian.
the only problem with RTB was that some people were freaking paranoid and hid on nonrtb servers. Can you make a client one that works the same as the server one and catches everyone's names on servers you join?
This. And automatically sends your updated names.

I can't do client sided posts because of the fact that you can't get IPs from clients and without IPs I can't verify whether or not data is true or fake. Though sending updated names is a definite possibility and I will 100% look into it.

I can't determine whether or not I should keep the BLID list the way it is, considering the fact that it could possibly take up to 26+ Megabytes.

just saying, json is horrible at space efficiency

in the future Im probably going to end up having the list comeout in the following format:

name \t blid
name \t blid

though until it becomes a problem I wont bother.

Whenever my multi-threaded program tries to index the BL_ID's of the forum users, I get 503 errors. Stupid Cloudflare.
Even when I specify the user-agent.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 12:52:58 AM by Hammereditor5 »

Whenever my multi-threaded program tries to index the BL_ID's of the forum users, I get 503 errors. Stupid Cloudflare.
Even when I specify the user-agent.
uh
what?
you understand that inorder to input into BIP you need to have their IPs too correct?

... your point is? In "{"name": "Brian Smith", "blid": 8437}", space efficiency is not an issue.

-snip-
wtf is with your goddamn bookmarks
why
WHY IS GANGNAM STYLE THERE
WHY