Gnome
KDE
XFCE
LXDE
Unity (why not)
MATE
Other
None/WM

Author Topic: linux_megathread_3.pkg.tar.xz -- Post your desktop!  (Read 41996 times)

ghh what am i gonna do/put on my laptop
Manjaro or arch. Get that Debian based stuff outta here.

Manjaro or arch. Get that Debian based stuff outta here.
whats wrong with debian?

whats wrong with debian?
Idk. It just feels strange and cringy once you try anything arch-based.

You sound like a stuffty Arch elitist, lol. Debian's fine for a laptop

You sound like a stuffty Arch elitist, lol. Debian's fine for a laptop
I need a fedora.

The main issue I have with Debian is outdated packages and dependency hunting, which is pretty much null and void in Arch-based distributions.

loving love yaourt.

I suppose. Bleeding edge stuff isn't for everyone though.

That's only Arch though; Manjaro's repositories aren't completely bleeding-edge, emphasis on completely. The software in these repositories are, I should say, updated to a reasonable point, where you have a good, stable release with the features you need, while also not being this really flaky line of alpha builds and stuff.

And that's manjaro for you. Arch's rolling release thing but with none of the problems of bleeding-edge updates.

It's not hard to make a side panel in XFCE, lol.

is it bad I kinda like these
It's not hard to make a side panel in XFCE, lol.
still looks nice, and I might try it on my actual desktop

That's only Arch though; Manjaro's repositories aren't completely bleeding-edge, emphasis on completely. The software in these repositories are, I should say, updated to a reasonable point, where you have a good, stable release with the features you need, while also not being this really flaky line of alpha builds and stuff.

Arch repositories aren't bleeding edge by default- you can enable this by uncommenting the testing repository in pacman.conf though. The Core repository is simply updated to the latest stable release-- regardless of it's a major update-- almost instantly.