Gnome
KDE
XFCE
LXDE
Unity (why not)
MATE
Other
None/WM

Author Topic: linux_megathread_3.pkg.tar.xz -- Post your desktop!  (Read 42083 times)

Well good thing that my screen is 80 pixels taller than yours. I don't know how I would ever manage without that space.

Eighty pixels isn't really a lot..

Yeah, I know. I was being sarcastic because my resolution is only a little bit bigger than his.

I almost always use workspaces. I just open whatever in a certain workspace and then other things in the next. I never keep it the same each time. Although I guess I could, since i3 lets me direct applications to a certain workspace when they start.

But oh well, I'm fine with how it works now :p

I almost always use workspaces. I just open whatever in a certain workspace and then other things in the next. I never keep it the same each time. Although I guess I could, since i3 lets me direct applications to a certain workspace when they start.

But oh well, I'm fine with how it works now :p
I'm like that too. But I like to maximize most of my windows, (with the exception of the file manager, terminal emulator, misc. things that don't need a lot of space) so I end up with three workspaces filled with one large window each, and a fourth workspace with smaller windows.

Usually I have my browser occupying one whole workspace. Then on the next it's one big terminal window running tmux for split panes. And on there I usually have irssi, ssh and ncmpcpp running. Then on my third it's usually steam + other messaging stuff ie. xmpp. Then on the last one it's either Vim or sublime text depending on whatever I'm working on.

Although those usually get flipped around a lot.

Nal, you could make anyone feel bad about how their desktop looks. Thank god you didn't include your other monitors.
I mean srsly dem icons.
I just use the gnome ones.

forget, guys. I messed up. I installed a program using yaourt that was included in KDE, and it installed ALL OF KDE AND IT'S PACKAGES which was like fifty things. And then I did yaourt -R kde and it uninstalled like five packages. So now I just have a bunch of KDE packages in there and I have no idea how to remove all of them at once.

How do I uninstall all of them?

Nvm, I'm an idiot.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 11:13:45 PM by blueblur121 »

I'm having an issue with blockland on linux, is there any way I can run it with steam?
When I do, it just crashes for me, I've tried the latest version of wine too

I'm having an issue with blockland on linux, is there any way I can run it with steam?
I doubt the Linux version of steam can run exe files with wine. However, it may be able to run a command as a game. That way, you could use the wine command to run BL.

A while back ago I had the same issue. I downgraded wine quite a many versions and was able to successfully run it. Same version I always used as a child to play Blockland too I think. Of course it had that terrible one second of lag every 10 seconds bug.
Reminds me. I've been using Ubuntu since like eleven cause this computer tech guy who was working on my mom's computer gave me a copy of Kubuntu and Ubuntu 8.04. He was really chill. Was using Ubuntu for like two years after corrupting Winblows Vista. B)

also Ubuntu 8.10 or 9.04 is still the best and I hate the new versions I don't care what you say.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 11:46:30 AM by Steve5451² »

KDE cursors > all
A while back ago I had the same issue. I downgraded wine quite a many versions and was able to successfully run it. Same version I always used as a child to play Blockland too I think. Of course it had that terrible one second of lag every 10 seconds bug.
Reminds me. I've been using Ubuntu since like eleven cause this computer tech guy who was working on my mom's computer gave me a copy of Kubuntu and Ubuntu 8.04. He was really chill. Was using Ubuntu for like two years after corrupting Winblows Vista. B)

also Ubuntu 8.10 or 9.04 is still the best and I hate the new versions I don't care what you say.
Why? Because of gnome 2?
I doubt the Linux version of steam can run exe files with wine. However, it may be able to run a command as a game. That way, you could use the wine command to run BL.
I got it to work before, just crashed when I opened console

Why? Because of gnome 2?

That's the main reason, yes, but I just liked that feel much better than the purple and orange theme aswell. Those are mostly aesthetics though. You can still use MATE, which hopefully isn't as buggy as it was when I used it.