Gnome
KDE
XFCE
LXDE
Unity (why not)
MATE
Other
None/WM

Author Topic: linux_megathread_3.pkg.tar.xz -- Post your desktop!  (Read 41918 times)

I would use elementary os if it wasn't so old
Ew, pantheon looks like it's trying to be a mac.
pear os
so what
add it in the op anyway, its a very nice distro
just because it has a dock and a bar at the top doesn't mean its trying to resemble mac
a REAL MAN USES Self Delete LINUX
koopascooper used to run that

yaourt xxx | less
but this breaks it unless you memorize the numbers you want then ctrl+c and then restart it and then type the numbers back in, right?
The pacman progress bar is not a package. It's an easter egg for the configuration file.
mm candy

It'll break stdin, yeah.

urgh
i thought of that and it technically works, but i wish there was a better solution
anyone else? maybe?
aw yeah bitches got arch linux on a chroot on my nexus 7
not really an achievement, but combine my tablet with what i'm presently viewing as the only linux distro to combine EVERYTHING AWESOME INTO ONE SINGLE COMMAND and damn hell yeah

unfortunately, while yaourt is pretty loving awesome, ssh is still my favorite program ever
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 10:08:09 PM by Lugnut »

I tried out cinnamon again for the first time in a long time, and I think I've taken a liking to it. It has a certain...charm to it.

Would you say it's... sweet?

I tried out cinnamon again for the first time in a long time, and I think I've taken a liking to it. It has a certain...charm to it.
What's special about it? Last time I checked it was just a standard DE with a panel on the bottom.

Can people please just like what they like to use?
I'm sure you'd have a fit over my KDE layout just because it's similar to Windows 7/8.

Can people please just like what they like to use?
I'm sure you'd have a fit over my KDE layout just because it's similar to Windows 7/8.
Um. No. Some people prefer that layout due to familiarity. I was asking what was special about cinnamon in particular due to the fact that the same layout can be achieved with XFCE, KDE, and even LXDE.

Um. No. Some people prefer that layout due to familiarity. I was asking what was special about cinnamon in particular due to the fact that the same layout can be achieved with XFCE, KDE, and even LXDE.
Can't use super key in any of those other than kde
Ksuperkey master race
Also muon is great and KDE connect is nice

The whisker menu (start menu clone) in XFCE responds to the super key.

IDK about LXDE though.

The whisker menu (start menu clone) in XFCE responds to the super key.

IDK about LXDE though.
No it doesn't?
I've used it before and never responded with super key

No it doesn't?
I've used it before and never responded with super key
Idk what's up with yours then. Mine works fine. Maybe it was a recent update. I'm running Manjaro BTW.

EDIT: Nvm, I just checked my keybinds. In manjaro, the super key is bound to that by default.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 11:10:19 AM by blueblur121 »