Poll

i'm not managing this

yay
32 (59.3%)
aw
22 (40.7%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Blockland Forums: The Game: The Possibility (not under management)  (Read 32564 times)

will there be a mac version

will there be a mac version
yeah we also need to work on this and linux
i don't use mac or linux but still

yes im on a mac and im a dev i need mac version pls

What I adore about pixel art is that I feel like it is timeless when it comes to video games and that people are just over it to be over it. How many times have you clicked in an old game and thought "man this looks good" like Final Fantasy 6 which is one of my favorite RPGs, whereas eventually 3D and other kinds may not hold up as well. But there's always going to be something timeless about a style, to me Wind Waker's style was first dissed but then it became my favorite because it's so unique visually. But yeah I don't think it's right to diss an art style so both zay and tristan are being redonkakonk

I've always found pixel art amazing. I don't know why, but something about it makes me love it.

yeah it will work on mac linux and whatever wonky os trinick is making

so is this game actually gonna be a thing or is it just going to be sprites, ideas, and arguments

starbound.
I was more thinking this would be something like Risk of Rain but sure.

But yeah I don't think it's right to diss an art style so both zay and tristan are being redonkakonk
Maybe not all pixel art - there are some great looking pixel games out there - but I think my issue is not that games use pixel art, it's that games use pixel art as an excuse to not care about graphics. Pixel art is only good if you put the same amount of effort in as you would normally. I think what's happening is that someone who can program well has a good idea and makes a game, but can't make decent graphics so he just pulls a few 8x8 sprites out of his ass so he doesn't have to do anything. Because graphics are important. Obviously gameplay and controls are more important, but if you want a good game it can't look like ass.

And this was meant in general, not specifically about this game. I recognize that we're not looking to make a full-fledged game to sell and stuff.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 08:06:42 PM by TristanLuigi »

The problem is with pixel art is that it is an excuse to make a game look stuffty
but this applies to any art style, it is just easiest with pixel art.
this game will be in pixel art, and I'm 99% sure that is a final decision.

We need a progress page to see whats done from the devs.

We need a progress page to see whats done from the devs.

Zay, Jairo and I are currently working on the sprites, Hodot is writing the lore.
I don't know what Brian's up to, though.

I'll be posting main updates here.

-General Discussion Lore-

The once peaceful kingdom of Pecon has fallen victim to the doomsayers' pillaging sprees, as they spread the word of the game dying. Many servers have lost their place in the ranks of the topics as others speak only about how Blockland is losing its players. Server owners are scattered about the wreckage and have set up camps for their players.

me in the club goin' like

I Remade My Self
Took me like 2 loving hours.
What I Learned: Art Is Not Easy, and you sure cant rush it!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 09:14:45 PM by Superbro11 »