Explosion_Impulse -- Camera shake effect

Author Topic: Explosion_Impulse -- Camera shake effect  (Read 3933 times)

Explosion_Impulse
so simple, even dezcaban can do it

Very plain and straightforward add-on (yet pretty damn useful imo), I made this for a build I needed and figured i'd release it for others to use. RTB died recently and I now have an account so I'll upload it here too. What it does is spawns an explosion that produces no particles, sound and deals no damage, it only shakes the camera at a pretty low frequency. Magnitude changes with the scale slider.

Here's a video demonstration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHquW4gO-B0

What is it useful for?

Anything that requires a camera shake. Useful for immersing the player in more atmospheric environments. Set it up on a relay loop in-front of an industrial fan to simulate airflow. Pair it with a playsound to simulate a distant unseen explosion. Limited only to the imagination.

gimme link
Download

I remember that there was something default like this, it had three of them. A low, medium, and a high one.

I recall that too. I tried to find it the other month and couldn't, so I made this.

if it comes back then ~oops~

I remember that there was something default like this, it had three of them. A low, medium, and a high one.
im pretty sure thats part of rot's zombie mod

well the problem with those and the impulse event is that those kill bricks

Simple:
turn off raycasting

EDIT: I'm stupid and I believe that prevents the brick from spawning an explosion, nevermind.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 05:00:41 PM by Blake1 »

The older one was tucked away in some weapon pack, named "test" and came in three sizes.
Glad to see that an intentional release for this is out. I don't think the original creator knew how useful his test would be.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 04:59:08 PM by Mr.Noßody »

Set it up on a relay loop in-front of an industrial fan to simulate airflow.
dude.
this is genius.
i hope someone puts this into a build.

dude.
this is genius.
i hope someone puts this into a build.
Doing so on my WIP lab

you can also use it in conjunction with blast doors to simulate the heavy metal moving

you can also use it in conjunction with blast doors to simulate the heavy metal moving
or some nuclear attack simulator
or airplane rps

or some nuclear attack simulator
or airplane rps

God loving damnit you just said what I was also working on for the lab (nuclear test site) >;c

how far is the impulse? is it too big to be avoided, or is there a range on it? Also, does the effect decrease the farther away you get from the source?