Author Topic: Colorset System Remake  (Read 546 times)

These options above the basic (default) colorset:

Basic Colorset || Advanced Colorset

The basic colorset would be enabled by default, and clicking the advanced colorset would switch to the user's custom made colorset.  
In-game creation of the custom colorset could consist of tools like these on a gui:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 08:28:16 PM by Tezuni 2.0 »

Add this: We can save the colors we made with this into our colorset

Add this: We can save the colors we made with this into our colorset
saving is assumed, yes.  would be nice if there were created files/tabs to choose from too

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=232235.0
+ RTB?

This is pretty much my suggestion yes, didn't see that topic.  But it would be nice if the colorset could be switched in-game without a restart, maybe just a clearing of all bricks.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 09:30:35 PM by Tezuni 2.0 »

Or no color limit at all.

I don't know why we can't do this...

%brick.setColor("R B G A");

This is pretty much my suggestion yes, didn't see that topic.  But it would be nice if the colorset could be switched in-game without a restart, maybe just a clearing of all bricks.
I was actually working on that for a new version of the colorset editor, but didn't get to finish it.

This could be a good idea

Because someone though that sending a 1 byte color id for every brick is better than sending a 4 byte rgb color.

Because someone though that sending a 1 byte color id for every brick is better than sending a 4 byte rgb color.
and this would add up with hundreds of thousands of bricks

although you could probably make some kind of optimisation to it

and this would add up with hundreds of thousands of bricks

although you could probably make some kind of optimisation to it
or you could have the option to save in two different formats. bls or blsc. bls is the current one we have now. blsc could be a format that has custom colors as advanced bot said, but would be a much larger file as zeblote said.

or you could have the option to save in two different formats. bls or blsc. bls is the current one we have now. blsc could be a format that has custom colors as advanced bot said, but would be a much larger file as zeblote said.
you still have to send it to the clients???

.bls format stores the colourset with it anyway

you still have to send it to the clients???

.bls format stores the colourset with it anyway
Then add an advice before joining a server if you have .blsc deactivated in options:
"This server uses .blsc system, are you sure you wanna join?"

The problem isn't file size.

The problem is ghosting time and memory usage.