Author Topic: Zone events are admin only?  (Read 668 times)

I've got a few players who are trying to use zone events, and they've had difficulty using them, with the error saying that "Zone events are admin only." I previously had an issue with onActivate, but fixed it by getting rid of Event_owner. I've disabled all of my JVS & related content, but that had no effect on it.

I've included my console log, if there are any questions I'll do the best I can to try to answer them prompty.

do you have any sort of mod still that limits who can use certain things ingame?

None that I am aware of. I had restricted events a looong time ago, but I had assumed that that was the source of my worries. There is no such item in my add-ons folder from what I can tell.

If there is, it's in there inadvertently and it shouldn't be.

try getting a new copy of zone events or something, i dunno

JVS is not related to it. The problem is that the create of said add-on failed to understand how to register input events and put a useless 1 at the end. For a long time this didn't mean anything, but now it means that the event is admin only.

So it's directly zone events that have this problem, not any other outside events or addons?

So it's directly zone events that have this problem, not any other outside events or addons?
JVS has the same problem because the author did the same fail. Otherwise, no other add-on is related to it. If you have a link to the version of zone events you're using I can quick fix it

JVS has the same problem because the author did the same fail. Otherwise, no other add-on is related to it. If you have a link to the version of zone events you're using I can quick fix it
I don't have a link, I'll get a file hosting site and post the link that way

I don't have a link, I'll get a file hosting site and post the link that way
took less time than I thought
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/77310bf4

I don't really know enough about scripting (in anything but HTML) to pretend I know how you're going to fix it, so thank you for helping lol

Wait a sec. It actually says 'Zone Events are admin only'?

I personally have no way of testing this (for the moment) other than taking non-admins word for it. I'll have one of my admins try it out while de-admined to see what the exact message is.

From what I have gathered, it's the same error you get when you try to use onActivate if you have Event_Owner.

Well what the forget, the default servercmdaddevent function checks whether you're trying to use a zone events, and restricts you from doing it. I can think of 2 ways of fixing this:
1: rewrite servercmdaddevent - bad
2: duplicate the zone events to onPlayerEnterZone_ or something - ugly but works

by duplicate, you mean seperate it from the addon?

by duplicate, you mean seperate it from the addon?
I would add them to the add-on and reupload it