Author Topic: hide file extension option in windows wont work  (Read 693 times)

so i searched everywhere for this loving problem and no posts come up on google
so basically whats happening is that when i check "hide file extensions for known file types" it doesnt work
i need to hide them so programs dont have ".exe"
i've seriously searched this everywhere and still cant find someone else having the same problem
inb4youallgomycomputerexploded

Have you tried clicking Apply?

Have you tried clicking Apply?
lmao

also why do you need this, just curious

lmao

also why do you need this, just curious
because i hate when programs show .exe at the end
idk why but it peeves me

And why would you turn this on? It's like the most useless option that ever existed in windows.

better question:
how do you turn this off?
Its enabled on my computer and I kinda want it disabled cause it makes me confused when using .exe's

And why would you turn this on? It's like the most useless option that ever existed in windows.
Because I got sick of having to use WinRAR to change the extension.

Some virus' disguise themselves as like AccountingError.pdf.exe, revealing only .pdf. It's handy to use if you are cautious.

And this

You don't need winrar to change extensions? You just right click -> rename then type in a new extension after the dot. Is that so hard?

because i hate when programs show .exe at the end
idk why but it peeves me
The scientific reason to that is because of a medical issue called OCDC which everyone has but some people worse. I kinda have it in the middle- an example is that I HAVE to straighten a crooked knife.

Some virus' disguise themselves as like AccountingError.pdf.exe, revealing only .pdf. It's handy to use if you are cautious.
And this
or you can just right click on the file and look at the extension

You don't need winrar to change extensions? You just right click -> rename then type in a new extension after the dot. Is that so hard?
this doesn't work if you have 'hide extensions' enabled