Author Topic: Animal Crossing Mod (A Real-Time Town Life Simulator)  (Read 782 times)

This is something I plan on attempting in the near future. I don't know if it will be finished, but it will be incredibly fun if it is. I thought I'd post some of my ideas here because I dont think this warrants a mod discussion thread, at least not right now.

-The AC gamemode will run on a dedicated server, and will function like an online AC. There will most likely be no AI residents, only humans. (But AI shop keeps)

-Each town resident slot is assignable  to a client. This is assigned when they purchase a lot (after completing a tutorial) and the slot is secured for 3 days. If the initial mortgage fee isn't covered in the next 3 days (requiring the client to participate in the server during the next 3 days), the slot is cleared and assignable again. (Maybe 16 - 32 slots?)

-Mortgage must be paid every week. After 2 weeks of (all mortgages) not being paid, the mortgage defaults and the slot is cleared. Players can restore the data from their slot for up to a month afterwards (including items and money) but lot contents may or may not be recoverable.

-Modified 2Dcamera mod to simulate AC camera and movement

-Each town has up to 64 lots. Each client can have a certain amount of lots assigned to their player slot. Lots can be turned into either stores or houses.

-Certain lots are reserved for Service buildings. These include the town hall, the dump, the pawn shop, the clinic, etc.

-Service buildings and stores (player-owned stores) are populated with bots who complete transactions.

-Some kind of fishing and digging system.

-Interiors can be customized through building (and maybe buying prebuilt brick furniture/furniture bricks) Bricks are purchasable at stores

-Town follows either a 24, 12, or 6 hour day cycle. This determines how often certain things reset.

-Mortgage must be paid every week. After 2 weeks of (all mortgages) not being paid, the mortgage defaults and the slot is cleared. Players can restore the data from their slot for up to a month afterwards (including items and money) but lot contents may or may not be recoverable.

Halt. this would kill the "freedom" of Animal Crossing, you aren't supposed to rush the players.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 12:39:47 AM by Fastlex »

Halt, this wold kill the "freedom" of Animal Crossing you aren't supposed to rush the players.
Do I need to get the tom crook video out?

can we axe villagers?

Halt. this would kill the "freedom" of Animal Crossing, you aren't supposed to rush the players.

There has to be an automatic system that clears out slots of non-active players. But I didn't mean players should have to pay off an entire mortgage every week. More like weekly mortgage payments, to ensure that every filled slot is used by someone who plays on the server at least somewhat regularly.