Author Topic: Time Travel Adventure  (Read 1532 times)

The
Time Travel Adventure

Created by Chrisbot6, and you!

Description
The Time Travel Adventure is something I started a long time ago but never took off with until now. The premise is simple - it's an organized, community built exploration-adventure server with 3 different times - the past, with snowy terrain and ancient structures; the present, with carnivals and cities; and the far future - where, within an abandoned research outpost, you wake up.

The map is meant to be atmospheric - we want to put you in strange environments. This includes snowy mountains, sterile corridors, and staircases and coridoors that don't even make sense. And if you thought the trains mod was famed for it's bumpy rides, you should check out our take on a time machine.

The supposed "goal" of the game is to go to the past and present, find keys, and unlock rooms in the future. Once you unlock a room, you gain semi-permanent access (saving system to be implemented, using VCE for now) However, the entire thing is community built - anyone can contribute terrain to the past and present (each have their own rules brick) and if you're good, we'll let you make rooms for the future, too.

Eye Candy

Realism
If our interpretation of the different times doesn't look realistic to you, just remember two things:
1) We're thinking about Blockland's world history, here.
2) It's not done.
3) We want it to be fun!

Work In Progress
A lot of areas are closed right now due to the build still being very much WIP. Rest assured it grows every day.

Contribution
As we said above, there are simple rules for contribution:
1) Build on a 64x (64x64f) baseplate.
2) Match terrain to the grid.

Exceptions can be made to both of these rules. Note that there is no script enforcing the 64x rules, unlike most terrain builds. This just means we take a less tolerant approach to those breaking them.

By default, nobody has a wrench or jets. The reason for these things should be obvious. If you need these things and can provide a satisfactory explanation why, then you can be put onto the separate building team where you get both of them. Doing things like placing random kill events and spawning items or vehicles without permission will get you banned.

Status
The server is NOT 24/7. It is hosted whenever I can find time to host it. At the time of writing it is up and will be for at least another 30 minutes.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 02:44:05 PM by chrisbot6 »

This is a splendid idea lads!

I like this, its beyond spontaneous.

seems like they all have bad settings tbh
the past is alright, but it would be cooler to do something recognizable, like a roman city or Pompeii or something
setting the present in a carnival is weird. it isn't a very good representation of today, i would've thought a downtown city area would be better
future doesnt look futuristic at all. it just looks like a modern day research post.

great idea. i don't like the setup though.

seems like they all have bad settings tbh
the past is alright, but it would be cooler to do something recognizable, like a roman city or Pompeii or something
setting the present in a carnival is weird. it isn't a very good representation of today, i would've thought a downtown city area would be better
future doesnt look futuristic at all. it just looks like a modern day research post.

great idea. i don't like the setup though.

I'm planning on a city for the present. Keep in mind that the "Future" is in fact hinted to not be that far ahead.

You know, it's rather unfair to throw thousands of years of history into one time. I understand it can't be comprehensive, but at least do two or three, for variation. Perhaps a Greco-Roman era, a Medieval era, and a Victorian era. Then, of course the present, and maybe a utopian and dystopian future, with utopian coming first.

Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

you should just allow people to do whatever, and then further allow people to attach time periods to other time periods

like do away with any formatting or railroading as far as 'what time periods you can use and what settings you can use' and let people make up the lore for themselves, then get rid of the lore that blatantly doesn't match up with the rest of the lore

you should just allow people to do whatever, and then further allow people to attach time periods to other time periods

like do away with any formatting or railroading as far as 'what time periods you can use and what settings you can use' and let people make up the lore for themselves, then get rid of the lore that blatantly doesn't match up with the rest of the lore
I agree.

How about a general storyline, where there's a futuristic age (but not too futuristic), and after that there's lore of a great war that wiped out Earth. You use the keys to get into the rooms of the future to stop the war from starting and saving the human race.

I agree.

How about a general storyline, where there's a futuristic age (but not too futuristic), and after that there's lore of a great war that wiped out Earth. You use the keys to get into the rooms of the future to stop the war from starting and saving the human race.
I like these ideas. And Bushido, you mean allowing other people to make time machines, right? This could turn out great.

This is a very potent idea. I like it.

Looks great, really neat idea. If you want help building PM me

this is really nice!