gordan - Map Thief 2014

Author Topic: gordan - Map Thief 2014  (Read 568 times)

Lately I have been hosting my server overnight a Knife TDM, and I made a great map for it.

But then gordan came to the server spawned and become afk for a while, then he said:

What does this mean?
It means he saved the map.

/disscus
(Have you heard someones map stolen?)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 06:44:30 PM by Outpact »

wrong board

also save function is there for a reason

for future reference: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?board=31.0

anyway, if you don't want your saves saved, don't host them
and you spelled thief wrong

Belongs in Drama.

OT: It happens. Just don't mind it.

honestly, you should be flattered (if you made the map)

If any build is remotely good, expect people to save it and possibly reuse (or lazily re-host) it. That cannot be prevented (and Badspot has expressed that it's part of how the game works and anyone who breaks that functionality will have their key revoked)

Hosting at all means you're taking the highly probable risk that someone will "steal" your build.

Still, it's a richard move for gordan to announce it to you as if it's something special and threatening. I've had people do that to me before, and I know how you feel.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 06:41:46 PM by Eksi »

Thats why I have tons of brick add ons

If any build is remotely good, expect people to save it and possibly reuse (or lazily re-host) it. That cannot be prevented (and Badspot has expressed that it's part of how the game works and anyone who breaks that functionality will have their key revoked)

Hosting at all means you're taking the highly probable risk that someone will "steal" your build.

Still, it's a richard move for gordan to announce it to you as if it's something special and threatening. I've had people do that to me before, and I know how you feel.
THIS

What if someone repackaged all default bricks into their own add-on, and kept it private, so the console would think they were non-default?
I've always wondered if that would work.

not really

every brick on blockland has a datablock, default bricks as well
wouldn't really matter if you took all the default bricks and put them in a seperate, private add-on, all those datablocks that are created upon the add-on's initiation would be the same as enabling all the default add-ons

however, if you want to go rename all the datablocks then that could work...