Author Topic: ID mapping project [Add-on fixed]  (Read 2760 times)

I have been bothered by NySQLd.exe using 460 MB of RAM. For a small database, shouldn't it be using only 50 MB? So I attempted to change the configuration file, to reduce the RAM usage.
Unfortunately I must have screwed something up. The MySQL server no longer starts up. It starts, then exits after 3 seconds. The logs show no events at all, and so does the command-line. Fortunately, I made a backup of the ID mapping project, HammerHost folder, and other stuff 3 hours ago. I will attempt to restore the database with that. About 20-40 users will be lost, unfortunately.
Players posted right now will not be lost!
The IDMP server program logs all posts that BL servers submit to it. So using the log file, I can re-construct the tables and make up for all that lost data.

The problem has now been solved! The bug was a line in the configuration file which was the log level. I accidentally set it to 0 when tweaking RAM usage stuff. So that's why nothing was outputted!

The database is now running again and posting to it works.

I still don't understand how any of this is useful. Even when we had rtb's lookup it didn't serve a purpose.
You all have a strange obsession with who changes their game name or what the news known Id is.

But this does further prove my theory that hammer is the same kinda guy kalph was. And heading down the same path.

I'd look up can be useful for matching in game names to IDs and vice versa. It can also be useful for helping to find people's alts.

I'd look up can be useful for matching in game names to IDs and vice versa. It can also be useful for helping to find people's alts.

Yes that's what people do with it.

But you are mistaken that doing so is useful

Yes that's what people do with it.

But you are mistaken that doing so is useful
thats your opinion. To some people (including me), that is useful.

I still don't understand how any of this is useful. Even when we had rtb's lookup it didn't serve a purpose.
You all have a strange obsession with who changes their game name or what the news known Id is.

But this does further prove my theory that hammer is the same kinda guy kalph was. And heading down the same path.
It was very useful.

Did anybody actually install this add-on and run a server? I don't see any BL_ID's posting other than my own, and Buttman's.

I didn't find an ID database too useful. The only thing that I would find useful is an IP database of all IDs so that we can figure out alts easier.

I didn't find an ID database too useful. The only thing that I would find useful is an IP database of all IDs so that we can figure out alts easier.
Revealing other users' IP addresses for no reason is both totally unjust and you can find out their location. My database does store IP addresses, but does not reveal them to the public.

The closest thing we can get, while still being fair, is a database which stores IP address hashes of players. This way, alt accounts could still be successfully identified, except a hash is revealed to clients. If the IP addresses of two different players are the same and therefore one of them may be an alt, you can compare the IP hashes. They would be the same.

API pls
Yes, I have time now. Working on the documentation...

And why exactly do you care?

Okay, API information is now added!