Author Topic: ID mapping project [Add-on fixed]  (Read 2753 times)

I've been working on a program which collects a database of BL_ID's and usernames, much like 0xBrian's Blockland identification project. I'm going to let the web page do all the explaining:

IDMP site

If you want your Blockland server to help the project identify more users, download this add-on: System_IDmappingProj.
Statistics of how many posts a server has made and the unique BL_ID's which a BL server has identified are being logged. However, they are not displayed on the site yet.

API
Code: [Select]
To use the API, follow these steps:
1: Connect to the IDMP server ("www.hammereditor.net:3007"). This uses raw TCP, not HTTP.
2: Print one of the JSON commands below, followed by a '\n' character.
3: Read the JSON response from the server.
4: Disconnect.

For most of these commands, there is a parameter called "readableDate". If true, all dates returned are something like this:
"04/08/2014 17:11:21 GMT"
If false, all dates returned will be a UNIX timestamp, like this:
"1396977081"

Command: post. Adds a player to the database, if the data is not fake.
Example command:
/* {
* "cmd": "post",
* "bl_id": "91456", //bl_ID of player
* "username": "Hammereditor", //Username of player (%client.name)
* "ipAddr": "71.167.209.94", //IP address of player
* "host_BL_ID": "94180" //BL_ID of server host
* }
*/

Command: list. Returns basic information for all players in the database, whose BL_ID's are >= start and <= end. The possible range of BL_ID's cannot be greater than 5000.
Example command:
/* {
*        "cmd": "list",
* "start": "91000",
* "end": "91460",
* "readableDate": "true"
* }
*/

Command: search. This searches the table of users, as well as the table of previously-used names, for a string. This string is the "user" parameter. It returns basic information for the players who are found.
/* {
* "cmd": "search",
* "user": "Ham",
* "readableDate": "false"
* }
*/

Command: userDetail. Returns everything the database knows about a user with the supplied BL_ID.
/* {
* "cmd": "userDetail",
* "bl_id": "91456",
* "readableDate": "false"
* }
*/
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 07:25:33 PM by Hammereditor5 »

I've been working on a program which collects a database of BL_ID's and usernames, much like 0xBrian's Blockland identification project. I'm going to let the web page do all the explaining:

IDMP site

If you want your Blockland server to help the project identify more users, download this add-on: System_IDmappingProj.
Statistics of how many posts a server has made and the unique BL_ID's which a BL server has identified are being logged. However, they are not displayed on the site yet.
Excuse me but umm

How does the website work?

Neat. Is a client version possible? I think that'd be more effective.

It's impossible to make a client mod to collect ids that is tamper-proof.

To ensure the data is valid, you need a name and IP to auth against the master server, you can not get other client's IP addressed from a client mod, only a server mod.

I'll start working on this after I add posting statistics to the web page.
A client version is just as important as the server version.

It's impossible to make a client mod to collect ids that is tamper-proof.

To ensure the data is valid, you need a name and IP to auth against the master server, you can not get other client's IP addressed from a client mod, only a server mod.
Contrary to.common belief, you do not need the real IP address. If you enter "0.*" or "127.*" or "192.168.*" or "255.*" or "10.*", it works perfectly.
Even though the IP address is some kind of local or reserved one, the master server still gives you a BL_ID if you supply a username. Then, if the BL_ID it gave does not match the BL_ID the client gave, the data is fake.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 07:58:44 AM by Hammereditor5 »

Stop making so many of these. Having information about 50k players is not useful if it's scattered across 10 different databases.

i will run it on my server so we can have a bigger list

Stop making so many of these. Having information about 50k players is not useful if it's scattered across 10 different databases.
It's possible for the databases to exchange data across each other.

Contrary to.common belief, you do not need the real IP address. If you enter "0.*" or "127.*" or "192.168.*" or "255.*" or "10.*", it works perfectly.
Even though the IP address is some kind of local or reserved one, the master server still gives you a BL_ID if you supply a username. Then, if the BL_ID it gave does not match the BL_ID the client gave, the data is fake.

I am unable to replicate this.

This only works for yourself. If the client does not have the same IP as the computer the request was sent from, that does not work.

This only works for yourself. If the client does not have the same IP as the computer the request was sent from, that does not work.
Oh damn, I did not know that. Well looks like there will not be a client version.

thank the lord for this
if I had your hosting service >:( I would help
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 10:07:17 AM by Renderman »

thank the lord for this
if I had your hosting service >:( I would help
Don't worry; I'm publicly launching the hosting service today.

Excuse me but umm

How does the website work?
Did everyone seriously ignore this?