Author Topic: Immediate crash right after main menu loads  (Read 731 times)

No clue why this is happening, I haven't tinkered with anything since yesterday. I looked all over the forums to see if anyone else had this problem, nothing. Here's what's known:

This has only begun today, not sure why this bug would be so sudden about it.

When I start on Steam, you can see the main menu for about a second before the process simply disappears. On my non-steam version, it works perfectly; however, I don't have that many add-ons, and I reeaaaally want to run it on Steam.

I played with Slayer yesterday, but only with the settings on the in-game GUI, nothing special. Slayer has been bugging me lately, though. First it's not recognizing other players in my minigame, next it's not shuffling without me being in the minigame, who knows what can come next. My best guess is that Slayer's updater is crashing me, even though I tried to run the game without it's Gamemode, Server, and Client files.

i hosted something that could've pissed people off, woops

The log should be here, I'll be furiously refreshing the thread hoping for replies.

Did you check the launcher console?

Did you check the launcher console?

I didn't see a launcher.log file on my Steam version, even when I validate the files, only a console log. I thought this was normal.

It's normal.. right?

Step one: Remove all your client add-ons (Some add-ons that load as client add-ons are not labeled as "Client_", so you should move all your add-ons to a new location)

This will determine if you have managed to break the game by installing broken or conflicting mods.

-snip-

Yeah, apparently it's a problem with an add-on, and Slayer's probably not the one doing it. Is there any way to find out the conflicting add-ons by looking into the console, or would I have to manually try each add-on one by one?

Anyways, thanks for helping me find a Blue's Clue, Pecon.

Did it crash after you tried to go full screen because this is a common bug with mac users, if you are mac, if so here is how you change the pref without getting in game to do it. You go to your blockland folder and then into config, then client, then prefs.cs open it with textedit and press cmd f, and type in fullscreen. Press enter and turn the value that's infront of fullscreen from, 1 to 0.

If this is not your problem then try reinstalling it if you haven't.