Author Topic: My Parents don't want to let me stay on when I want.  (Read 3155 times)

So my Parents have had this thing that automatically disables my internet at around 10:00 PM every night (11:00 on weekends) and they've had this since I was like 11 or 12.
so I decided to ask them if they could remove it cause I've gotten a lot older now.
but they just don't budge at all with it cause they think I "Play too much" and when I tell them that literally everyone else I know plays as much as I do and are allowed to stay up as long as they want they say they just have bad parents.

Honestly it just pisses me off that they won't even do it just for one week to see if it affects my grades or not (and really it shouldn't).

They really won't let up on you till about 4 more years

I'm online like 99% of the time and I don't have bad grades

I'm sure you can do it too

and I'm pretty sure you could bypass those restrictions somehow, what program are they using?

it's times like this I'm glad to have parents that simply don't care how long I'm online

Its some kinda thing built into the Router I think.

You think that's bad?

I'm almost 18 and my parents won't let me have a smartphone or a laptop even if I pay for it because they don't want me to have Internet access at all times.

im online like 400% of the time and i do fine in school, i have a good social life and i'm good in track and field.

never had any trackers or limits.

You think that's bad?

I'm almost 18 and my parents won't let me have a smartphone or a laptop even if I pay for it because they don't want me to have Internet access at all times.

pfft wow

You think that's bad?

wow you have stuff parents

You think that's bad?

punch your parents in the snout to assert your dominance

You think that's bad?

I'm 21 and my parents still wont let me go on websites they don't approve of first =(
They also don't let me use emoticons that they don't approve of first.

I mean seriously wtf.

I'm 21 and my parents still wont let me go on websites they don't approve of first =(
They also don't let me use emoticons that they don't approve of first.

I mean seriously wtf.

Do they preview your posts before you post them?

And what the heck with an "inappropriate" emoticon bothering them?

The router type is a Cisco router if that helps at all.
If theres any way that I can bypass it and convince my parents that the thing is just broken or something I'm sure I can get off without having a limit thing on me.

You think that's bad?

That's really bad.
The only thing being super strict on your kids is going to do is make them learn how to be sneaky and hide everything from you.

Do they preview your posts before you post them?

And what the heck with an "inappropriate" emoticon bothering them?
He was joking