Author Topic: My Parents don't want to let me stay on when I want.  (Read 2998 times)

Don't complain, OP. I use a computer in my dining room. My bedtime is 10:00.

I'll be 18 in July.  :cookieMonster:

If it's built into the router then it's probably something linked to your home IP, use tor or a VPN to get around that, if it's a mac address issue then there's not much you can do short of some pretty in depth stuff. If it's software then find out the name and just google how to get past it, I'm sure someone will have found out.

All my friends are always tired because they stay up so late. Even right now when I'm posting it is too late for me. Be glad they want you to get some sleep. It sure does beat having to do things like drinking coffee and the like just to be able to walk around.

man why do you guys always insist on undermining your parents instead of going more than 30 seconds without telling someone what you just ate

you guys should be glad your parents care about you

You think that's bad?

I'm almost 18 and my parents won't let me have a smartphone or a laptop even if I pay for it because they don't want me to have Internet access at all times.
ugh, i know how that goes

Go into command prompt and type "ipconfig" then look at what your default gateway is. Put the IP for the default gateway into your  URL bar. Then log into the router and change what you need to.

If you give me the exact model of the router I can get the default user and pass

LOL

"Local Time: 01:25:27 AM"

Well, he's offline.

jesus christ be grateful for what you have
my bedtime is 9:00 and my computer is in the family room, good luck getting that to work past my bedtime, and the only other device i have is a kindle fire which I'm using right now. it's slow as stuff since its processors are a loving potato compared to practically anything modern and the internets slow too. I can barely talk to any of my friends on it either.
Since my parents are divorced and half my time is at one of 2 houses, 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off, half of the time i get 30 mins of computer time a day during weekdays and 1 hr on weekends. the computer can't run tf2 on not just the low settings but it cant run it with a config that makes everything look like stuff.
other half of the time, decent computer and buttloads of computer time. in a shared room.
and yeah if you were wondering, no smartphone. i'm working on that.

You think that's bad?

I'm almost 18 and my parents won't let me have a smartphone or a laptop even if I pay for it because they don't want me to have Internet access at all times.
>18
You are now an adult. Feel free to tell them to forget off.
Didn't see the word "Almost".

My parents set the same stuff for me on our router. All I did was change my PC's MAC address and voila, I got access again. Eventually my dad just gave up trying to set up the blocker and then forgot about it completely because he knew I knew ways to bypass it.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 12:59:09 AM by Treti »

>18
You are now an adult. Feel free to tell them to forget off.

18 We're going to call you an adult, but you're still not allowed to do stuff.

18 or not he still lives in their house. My parents used to do this to me all the time, just show them that you're responsible.

pshh if you think thats bad my friends parents only let him use the internet on saturdays

My parents tried things like this on me when i was younger, multiple times in multiple different ways, when i was able to bypass everything they through at me they eventually gave up.

It's most likely based on your mac address, or static IP. Which you can both change.

Static IP: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249/how-to-assign-a-static-ip-address-in-xp-vista-or-windows-7/

Mac Address: http://www.wikihow.com/Change-a-Computer's-Mac-Address-in-Windows

Keep in mind that sometimes it can take up to 15 minutes to regain connection after changing mac address depending on setup.

If you're looking to disable it then login to your router and try navigating your way to parental controls.