Author Topic: Need some help with saving VCE variables  (Read 547 times)

So basically what my friends and I are trying to do here is to setup a minigame where you can spend score points in order to unlock access to weapons. My friend was trying to make an event where the prompt screen would not display again after you initially unlocked the weapon, so just clicking the buy block would simply add the weapon to your inventory at no cost. The problem we are having is that we are unable to figure out how to actually save the unlocked gun variable (GotgunPepperbox is a test variable) for clients that exit and reenter the server. The events work fine for those who remain in the server, but those who exit and rejoin are forced to buy the weapon again. Screenshot shows what we have so far. We tried fiddling around with loading events, but to no avail. Can anyone provide some help?

You didn't save the "GotGunPepperBox" variable.

You didn't save the "GotGunPepperBox" variable.

Yeah, the screenshot says that, but its not actually that. We named it right initially, we used GotGun6 for the tests that weren't working, and my friend was renaming it. There is a problem with event order and reference, not necessarily the variable name.

What would be the difference with using onPromptAccept > self > VCEsaveVariable > [client] varname for the last line, and loading the variable with self too? That's what I usually do.

What would be the difference with using onPromptAccept > self > VCEsaveVariable > [client] varname for the last line, and loading the variable with self too? That's what I usually do.

its a mod variable

end of line 2 can be 3 4 instead of 3 5 just to be a little cleaner
I believe you're supposed to save via self > VCEsavevariable.

check if http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=56160.0 is downloaded and enabled because I'm pretty sure this is intended for the v4 variables.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 02:48:13 PM by Kobewarrior »

end of line 2 can be 3 4 instead 3 5 just to be a little cleaner
I believe you're supposed to save via self > VCEsavevariable.

check if http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=56160.0 is downloaded and enabled because I'm pretty sure this is intended for the v4 variables.

that is already done

also, does anyone actually know how to structure the events so it actually works for returning clients