21 (19.1%)
Meh I don't like racing
1 (0.9%)
Sounds bad
1 (0.9%)
I hate fun
7 (6.4%)

Total Members Voted: 110

Author Topic: SuperKart Gamemode Project Idea  (Read 16818 times)

This idea has been constantly hitting my head for weeks and I thought I just had to tell somebody about it, basicly it's like a new racing gamemode where instead of speedkarts, you use something called superkart, which instead of a bunch of kart variants, there could be custom support, crouch as a drift button (not sure yet if this one will be possible) and more air control so you can do tricks in middair, the tracks could have laps, and there could be different types of vehicles like how MK8 works, for example a motorcycle, a gravity kart exclusively for anti-gravity tracks and why not a quadbike and a doublekart too, all having the same handling and features.

Also I honestly think most of the speedkart tracks are bland (lighthouse, sand castle, and others) and lacks atmosphere, I personally love detail and I would love to make detailed tracks with variation, background sound effects, maybe even a music for each track which fits with the track theme, for example a floating above the clouds track, one in the middle of the city and passing trough buildings as shortcuts, an oriental one with dragons and stuff, a nature based one in the middle of a beautiful and bright forest and other tracks I have in mind, anyway this sure will be my next project when I get my computer back on the next few weeks, and this is a suggestion topic so if you have more ideas for this "speedkart 2014 edition" gamemode feel free to share!

I would avoid using items since the driving part itself is already challenging due to the physics, just before you suggest that, and because almost every single kart based racing game uses items like mario kart does makes me want to avoid it even more

I already explained why I want to avoid the use of items, I want to see the driving skills and the luck of not getting bumped out on a race, not lose on the last second because someone shot you with a rocket, and if you search for kart racing games, almost all of them uses items already

Also I've been thinking of using hazards, for example you pass trough a platform in a corner or in a shortcut of a track and you activate a hazard for a short period of time, for example a machine throwing a bunch of spears, giant bowlders passing by and bumping out the karts, or a rocket rain in a specific part of the track, I believe that's more creative than items and it makes you need to learn the track and it's secrets

But if anyone can make items or power-ups feel free
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 12:02:50 PM by Filipe »

This sounds good.
Can't you make a custom script for each speed car like you did with your car?

This sounds good.
Can't you make a custom script for each speed car like you did with your car?
The point of the custom support is basicly to replace all the variants of a vehicle, for example on a kart, you can choose different kart bodies in one single kart without the use of a bunch of different karts, so it avoids rising up the datablocks, or whatever you're trying to say

Like your Support_Garage mod.

You can use that for the speed karts.

Like your Support_Garage mod.

You can use that for the speed karts.
I don't want to change the Speedkart itself anymore, I already changed it a lot and I just want to keep it like it is, so I'll just make another kart vehicle with new features, actually I don't even know what do you actually want
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 12:13:24 PM by Filipe »

A few weeks ago, I had an idea for making a speedkart battle arena thing, similer to that one DK arena in MKwii (can't be bothered to look up the name). Like the way the cars come in, from four sides and they all jump into the arena.

Maybe that could happen.

A few weeks ago, I had an idea for making a speedkart battle arena thing, similer to that one DK arena in MKwii (can't be bothered to look up the name). Like the way the cars come in, from four sides and they all jump into the arena.

Maybe that could happen.
Well yes that's totally possible
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 01:33:11 PM by Filipe »

Sorry for the bump but I really need some feedback about this

this sounds like a good idea if you actually do it.

so many good ideas never get completed.

Maybe that could happen.
I made a Block-fort But its probably gonna be hard to drive on so you can modify it.

F zero is a good racing game with no powerups. But it does have the mechanic with the boost meter that only replenishes on certain tiles. Here's an idea: do this. Replace the spinning attack and bash attack that removes boost from enemies with a mechanic that makes it so if you're holding the mouse1 button the boost meter of your car decreases, but will increase if you are hitting opponents. This adds a risk/reward situation due to the nature of the physics, while implementing their spazziness as a mechanic.

Boost is activated with a key that isn't jump. I would put it on l or sit. Boosting is cheap, and is shown as a 12 segmented meter on bottom print.

Or you could just make it hurt enemy players within a radius when you hold mouse1 which absorbs their boost. This discourages ramming because if the boost is implemented the game becomes all about it. I quite like this idea because the radius could be pretty big and after absorbing some boost you can escape from the rammer or dude behind you with a boost. If a player is within the absorb radius for 4 seconds (the radius is clearly shown with a model of a ring around the kart) for 4 seconds (might be too long, adjust in testing) you steal 6 boost segments. During the 4 seconds a meter appears in center print to to the left counting down how long until you absorb the boost. After a successful absorb the car automatically boosts, using one segment of the 6 you gained. 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 09:25:18 PM by Megaguy2 »

Well then.. guess it's time to bring back the Dusty Gulch, now with real dust.

But in all honestly, this would be fantastic. A lap system is something that we needed from square one.

Id also LOVE to see an item addition to races like Mario Cart where you can pick up items to help you beat the competition. Homing rockets, boosters, mines, fake item block, the works. Ive seen several speed cart edits attempt this, but none got it done. I REALLY want to see that happen.
Edit: The problem would be in having weapons not destroy the cart, but disable them for a second or two. I don't like the idea of having my cart blow up mid race due to weapons. Races should be a racing game, not a "make it to the end without dieing" game. We need tracks where you can go fast without dieing in killwater.

Make it happen.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 10:44:31 PM by Mr.Noßody »

Well then.. guess it's time to bring back the Dusty Gulch, now with real dust.
OFFTOPIC:Can I get DL? It looks cool.
ONTOPIC:I think someone made a item box but it didn't get realesed cause of the high poly.

OFFTOPIC:Can I get DL? It looks cool.
ONTOPIC:I think someone made a item box but it didn't get realesed cause of the high poly.

No, Id rather not give out the download for my track because it's not finished and Id like to finish it, it's also not accustomed to the new speed carts speed and physics. I made the track for speedcarts V1 and had to keep editing the track to keep up with the changing speedcarts. I gave up at the 9th edit...

Also, the item box was tucked into the Go-Cart mod that it was made for. It was never a stand alone thing.

Maybe a kart builder mode can be put with the player customization menu and you can play with that kart in SuperKart just like in Mario Kart 7 and possibly in the upcoming Mario Kart 8.