Author Topic: Request: Malaria Mod  (Read 2653 times)

If you've ever been to Africa you'd probably have experienced the malaria prevention drugs.
If you haven't, let me quickly explain that to prevent yourself from getting malaria from mosquitos, you must take a pill either daily or weekly.

I was hoping someone could make this into a small mod for me. that every 30 minutes, you get a centre print message telling you that you need to take Malarone (a real drug which you take daily, oral pills) or you will get malaria. After 10 minutes from the first warning, you'd get malaria, which would basically forget with your screen, aiming and walking speed until you get Malarone.

Let me know if anyone is interested in quickly whipping up this mod. I could probably provide the model if needed.

You might as well have mosquito nets and bug spray too.
Mosquito nets would be a brick that players would walk through and it'd reset the counter or something, or it could just be an evented zonebrick to reset the timer when inside it or something.
Bug spray would be a dark green paint can that you'd spray on yourself and others and it'd prevent you catching malaria until it wears off.

You might as well have mosquito nets and bug spray too.
Mosquito nets would be a brick that players would walk through and it'd reset the counter or something, or it could just be an evented zonebrick to reset the timer when inside it or something.
Bug spray would be a dark green paint can that you'd spray on yourself and others and it'd prevent you catching malaria until it wears off.
I don't like the net thing, but the spray sounds cool.

The forget is the point of this?

I don't know, what's the point of having vehicles in the game? Entertainment, really.

could be for a server idea of his

Don't be such an ass.
It works the same as a hunger or heat mod, really. Adds more of a challenge to a server I'm working on and since it's based in Somlia, Africa, I think it'll be a good addition to the server.
If you aren't going to leave anything positive about this then why bother posting? If you don't care, don't post. I'm pretty sure that's a forum rule.

For making realist survival i guess