21 (19.1%)
Meh I don't like racing
1 (0.9%)
Sounds bad
1 (0.9%)
I hate fun
7 (6.4%)

Total Members Voted: 110

Author Topic: SuperKart Gamemode Project Idea  (Read 16826 times)

Well then.. guess it's time to bring back the Dusty Gulch, now with real dust.

But in all honestly, this would be fantastic. A lap system is something that we needed from square one.

Id also LOVE to see an item addition to races like Mario Cart where you can pick up items to help you beat the competition. Homing rockets, boosters, mines, fake item block, the works. Ive seen several speed cart edits attempt this, but none got it done. I REALLY want to see that happen.
Edit: The problem would be in having weapons not destroy the cart, but disable them for a second or two. I don't like the idea of having my cart blow up mid race due to weapons. Races should be a racing game, not a "make it to the end without dieing" game. We need tracks where you can go fast without dieing in killwater.

Make it happen.
I already explained why I want to avoid the use of items, I want to see the driving skills and the luck of not getting bumped out on a race, not lose on the last second because someone shot you with a rocket, and if you search for kart racing games, almost all of them uses items already

Also I've been thinking of using hazards, for example you pass trough a platform in a corner or in a shortcut of a track and you activate a hazard for a short period of time, for example a machine throwing a bunch of spears, giant bowlders passing by and bumping out the karts, or a rocket rain in a specific part of the track, I believe that's more creative than items and it makes you need to learn the track and it's secrets

But if anyone can make items or power-ups feel free
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 03:43:00 AM by Filipe »

Haha yea! I'd love all the stuff that was suggested. Especially the part about bikes, because it's bring my original speedbikes idea!

Did you read my post, filipe?

Did you read my post, filipe?
i did and I don't think it will work, if anything hitting other karts must be avoidable, you know how the physics shows no mercy
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 02:07:23 PM by Filipe »

I think you might've missed the point. If the boost gets implemented well and gives a huge advantage to players who use it, you would want to stay out of the absorb range. Seems like a smarter solution to me than just adding onto what we have right now and just saying yeah the ramming is a thing but we can't do anything about it so whatever which is what you're doing.

I want to see the driving skills and the luck of not getting bumped out on a race

Doesn't this contradict everything?

Eliminate falloffs, include items or vice-versa.
The reason why almost all cart racers have items is because it's a fun aspect of the game.
I just want the option of being able to use them. It's not like all tracks would need them.

Doesn't this contradict everything?

Eliminate falloffs, include items or vice-versa.
The reason why almost all cart racers have items is because it's a fun aspect of the game.
I just want the option of being able to use them. It's not like all tracks would need them.
I see, well try to contact someone to see if can help I guess, I can provide models later

This is a great idea, up until BL's physics stuffs its pants and your cart goes flying into space.

This is a great idea, up until BL's physics stuffs its pants and your cart goes flying into space.
But if you drive well you can avoid ramming other karts more, I mean it's still possible to race without getting launched away, and let's be honest the physics can lead to some hilarious moments

Short-term astronaut career haha.

Short-term astronaut career haha.
"Team Rocket blasting off again"

Items are definitely on the list, but in my opinion the worst part of SpeedKarts is permanent death. I would really love it if there was some kind of respawn mechanic. Perhaps it empties your boost meter as well as penalizing precious time.

The code I made for the start lines and checkpoints still works.

But if you drive well you can avoid ramming other karts more, I mean it's still possible to race without getting launched away, and let's be honest the physics can lead to some hilarious moments

The problem with this originally was that most cart race courses force racers into tight and narrow paths giving little to no way around it.
No matter how well you drive, you would always hit somebody else even if you could not see them normally resulting in physics meltdown.

Basically, tracks should wider.

Part of the problem is that the players themselves want to ram, bump, and destroy their opponents.