21 (19.1%)
Meh I don't like racing
1 (0.9%)
Sounds bad
1 (0.9%)
I hate fun
7 (6.4%)

Total Members Voted: 110

Author Topic: SuperKart Gamemode Project Idea  (Read 16833 times)

I have an idea:

Maybe there can we weapon pickups and they give you a random default weapon (or different weapons) and each weapon does a certain thing.
For example:

• Rocket L's head for a random player and send them flying then land down.
  • Guns can fire (lets say) 3 shots and upon hitting a player or a kart it slows them down.
  • Guns Akimbo fire 2 (or 4?) shots and they can bounce off of walls and surfaces and when they hit someone it slows them down.
  • Skis could maybe make your kart go faster or grow bigger or something like that.
  • Weapons do not hurt or kill players

These are all just examples. You do not have to add them in. Just ideas :D!

>Karts
>Bikes
Exactly the same thing
This is no mario kart son, no mario kart

Crouch as a drift button (not sure yet if this one will be possible) and more air control so you can do tricks in middair, the tracks could have laps, and there could be different types of vehicles like how MK8 works, for example a motorcycle, a gravity kart exclusively for anti-gravity tracks and why not a quadbike and a doublekart too, all having the same handling and features.

Yeah, right. Not a Mario Kart.

how'd this get all the way back to page 3?

bump

how'd this get all the way back to page 3?

bump

ATM Filipe is making the first map. We have nothing to do other than suggest, or probably we can do more infact.

A teaser video is released
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOLbh-t_39M
Expect a development topic to be made soon, also here is a preview of the music of this track you see on the video!
SuperKart Gamemode OST - Badspot Motorway
Composed by BluetoothBoy and me
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 12:21:01 PM by Filipe »

I think I died on the inside.

bathubkartpls

lightningbikepls

ty

Holy Krap. Catching up time.

So! Karts. Again. (Not a problem I love Karts! Can't wait for Mario Kart this month! -- Back on topic.)

I'm very excited and loved the Teaser for SuperKart. But let me break down the teaser and what I've read here...

So, the teaser first:

• Laps and Checkpoints:
I'm sure we can all agree that is this is probably the most important step. I'm excited to hear laps are in.

• Anti-Gravity Tracks:
I understand that obviously Mario Kart will give ALOT of inspiration, but I feel that this will cause a lot of complication right now. Best to hold off in my honest opinion.

• Music and Sound:
These are two elements that are very weak in SpeedKart and definitely need improving.

• Hazards:
Track Hazards can be very good, however I feel that player-triggered hazards (IE Split Second) don't seem like a good idea... Although if you look at Mod Nation Racers, I feel some of the player triggered hazards there are much more interactive.

• "Custom Support" (Maybe):
Custom... Karts? Tracks? I don't quite understand what this is implying.

• Battle Tracks:
Without items, it will be Sumo... Maybe add some of those Hazards and it could be fun.

• ATV's and Bikes (Maybe)
Do me a favor and take away the "maybe". I feel you could ATLEAST for starting off just make Bikes and ATV's a purely cosmetic difference.

• Zone bricks support
Making it easier on map makers! Always glad!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One quick concern... In SpeedKart it's all about driving a perfect race. That needs to change. There needs to be a way for player to catch up regardless. Maybe use the "Hazard" system to spawn boosters BEHIND the first place player? Or even open shortcuts!

All in all. The Kart looks really good!

I will personally be making atleast one track.

Gameplay is something that SpeedKart has naturally simply because of the craziness that is Blockland's physics. I think adding a SIMPLE mechanic to the racing would really make it a truly unique experience. The question, is what?

- Items, as stated above are too complicated. And honestly pose too much issue with Blockland.
- Drifitng isn't a bad idea, however although it is fun, it doesn't add very much depth.
- Hopping. This could be very interesting to play with as it has uses by itself, and with drifting. Worth looking into.
- Controlling your speed. Yes. I'm implying SLOWING DOWN for some reason or another. (Then again it might just cause pile-ups... and by that I mean "BLASTING OFF AGAIN!!!")

I'll let you know if i get any more ideas...

In the meantime. Please! More! It's good to be back!

Sorry my post was so long : (

supra krat gamre mood

One quick concern... In SpeedKart it's all about driving a perfect race. That needs to change. There needs to be a way for player to catch up regardless. Maybe use the "Hazard" system to spawn boosters BEHIND the first place player? Or even open shortcuts!
I agree 100%. Make it take much much longer for maximum acceleration to kick in, or if a player is near another kart they can go slightly faster etc.

BlackDragon, custom support is an add-on that allows you to customize a vehicle's look
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 03:09:56 AM by Filipe »

Bikes should be slow on straights, but faster on curves. [HARD]

Karts should be fast on straights, but slow on curves. [MEDIUM]

ATVs should be the slowest of all, but they're easy to control. Definitely a good way to introduce SuperKart. [EASY]

Custom Support sounds really awesome then! I assume this could involve things such as, Changing the bumper model, maybe changing decals on the vehicles, different wheel appearances, engines, and all sorts of things.

I'm really excited to hear this but if you do go through with it, and client side way to save these options would be much appreciated for faster Kart Customization in-game.

Maybe you can run a Client Side tool anywhere in the game (Including main menu), and have a 3D preview of the Kart with a GUI for all the options. Then have save slots much like how the default Brick menu works.

I agree 100%. Make it take much much longer for maximum acceleration to kick in, or if a player is near another kart they can go slightly faster etc.

Slingshot AI? No way.

Items dammit...

supra mayro kratt incoming, kids