Author Topic: Age of Mythology Thread (aka "Prostagma?") (Extended Edition coming May 8th!)  (Read 1621 times)

Pretty much my favorite RTS personally right next to Age of Empires 2 (made by the same studio, big surprise)

Why make this topic now? The game is old!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/266840/

So Steam is apparently getting a revamped version of the game, similar to Age of Empires 2: HD. The extended edition of the game is being developed by Skybox Labs, who also did Age of Empires 2: HD, and it will be released May 8th. The extended edition will include both the base game and Titans expansion, along with the Golden Gift campaign. Here is a list of added features in the Extended edition as quoted from the Steam Store page:
New in the Extended Edition:
Improved Visuals
Time of Day
Improved water
Shadows
Bump / Specular maps
Global Lighting
Antialiasing & Ambient Occlusion
Full Steamworks Integration
Workshop mod manager
Multiplayer
Achievements
Trading Cards
Leagues / Badges / Events
Cloud saves
Extended Features
Twitch Integration
Treaty Mode
Enhanced Observer mode

I live under a rock, what is Age of Mythology?

Since you might be too lazy to Google it, Age of Mythology is a RTS where you can play as the Greeks, Egyptians, and Norse civilizations with very unique advantages and drawbacks, and each civilization has 3 major gods to choose along with minor gods to choose from with each age advancement. This ensures that very likely, 2 Greek players will not be the same in terms of technology and strategy. Battles are typical of other RTSs, but the addition of mythological units such as cyclops, mummies, frost giants, etc. along with expendable god powers and unique hero units make it slightly more intricate than Age of Empires. The Titans expansion also adds the Atlantean civilization with their own unique units and gods (and summon-able titans!). Basically, a lot of fun.

What if I want to play with people now?!?!

If you have a copy of Age of Mythology (preferably with Titans, the game is pretty old so you should have the expansion), Gameranger allows players to make servers despite the Ensemble servers being taken down for the game a few years ago. Here is a list of Blocklanders that play from my knowledge, along with their alias on Gameranger:

List of Blockland AoM players

Blockland Name    Gameranger name
Dodger                DodgerX

Also, my Skype is DodgerBL in case you want to play with me and others and voice chat at the same time.

My least favorite AOE game

Mythology based movies and games never seem to work with me at all.