Author Topic: Avatars larger than normal?  (Read 2670 times)

that's an outdated console

that's an outdated console
youre an outdated consolekidding dont hurt me

thanks have a  :iceCream: and a  :nes: too

I just ate a huge bowl of ice cream and I still have my dad's old nes- oh right, we sold that...

I'll take the NES, thank you

big avatars look dumb anyway
so much empty space on some posts

big avatars look dumb anyway
so much empty space on some posts
the empty space is greatness

Some huge avatars stopped working for me, I can only see empty space on them .,.

the empty space is greatness
the empty space is a pointless page stretch

I'm not sure about this version of SMF, but with PHPbb it's very easy to change the filetypes that can be uploaded and used as avatars
All you do is probably check if the upload format is .ico, and if it is, render a HTML page with an error message saying "file format not supported" or something. Probably less than 50 lines of code in PHP.

All you do is probably check if the upload format is .ico, and if it is, render a HTML page with an error message saying "file format not supported" or something. Probably less than 50 lines of code in PHP.
in PHPbb it's a default setting. chances are, if you can't normally do it in SMF 1.x, there's an extension that will add it, but if not, yeah, it probably wouldn't be hard to make

I love these new large avatars

holy stuff they still have their resolution if you zoom in

you people are special
do not change your avatar
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 07:25:44 AM by Maxwell. »

People really need to stop bitching lol. While there may be a chance that people will get their avatar privileges revoked for this, there is no reason to constantly spew that stuff in other people's faces. If you think that's going to happen, just don't get a big avatar and leave everyone else alone.