Poll

Is this/does it sound fun to you?

Yes!
1 (50%)
No
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Georges' Ceiling [BETA]  (Read 889 times)

ok, so I recently got a CBM server, and I'm currently hosting my Roman Island Capture Point TDM server. Thing is, nobody seems interested in it. So I wanted to create something else, something that hasn't been done much, or at all. So I present this:

Basically, you'll get a gun, and you'll spawn and be launched into the tower. Then, you make your way up to the top. First to get there or last person standing wins. The dark green platforms disappear after you touch them, and launch you up. The red ones reduce your health by 50 HP. The green ones just disappear, however, they can stop your fall. Each platform reappears after 15 seconds. A gun might seem OP, but you can really only shoot people really close because the platforms block you, and you really need to focus on getting up or else you'll fall down.

So my question is, should I continue hosting my TDM, or should I host this?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 03:09:32 PM by Georges »

I think that the new idea seems rather interesting, perhaps you should give it a unique name to attract people.

Tower Climb lol

It's a promising idea, but with all the bricks and whatnot, it seems a little... chaotic. Have you tested it yet? Maybe host with 6 people as a trial run to see how it goes. Also perhaps have swords rather than guns, as guns can get OP from above.

No, I haven't gotten the chance to test it yet. I'll see if maybe I can get enough people to do that tomorrow. As for guns vs swords, we'll see. I honestly don't know what either one would be like, so I guess I should try them both.

Can I help test? Just let me know when you are hosting, and I'll try to be there.

Alright, looks like I'm going to run a trial run of this later today (Ugh, just realized York's server is opening tonight as well). Let's hope I can get enough players on!

Alright, looks like I'm going to run a trial run of this later today (Ugh, just realized York's server is opening tonight as well). Let's hope I can get enough players on!
why TONIGHT?
Do it before 5pm EST. York's won't be open then

why TONIGHT?
Do it before 5pm EST. York's won't be open then
I'll try to, we'll see if my mom gets upset about me being on that early. :/

I'll try to, we'll see if my mom gets upset about me being on that early. :/
What's wrong with being on before 5?

What's wrong with being on before 5?
Eh, my mom just doesn't like it when I'm the computer for more than a couple hours a day, and if I get on now, she wouldn't be happy if I got on at my normal time of 8-10ish.

Sounds cool. Would play.

the main reason why i believe your roman island tdm is unpopular is because the weapon selection is less than desirable
i think your map would work better with guns than fantasy weapons

the current loadout itself is undesirable because the melee weapon is very slow and has a painfully low DPS (you honestly should never use that RPG pack for dms anyway) and the recurved bow is pretty overpowered in its own right

the main reason why i believe your roman island tdm is unpopular is because the weapon selection is less than desirable
i think your map would work better with guns than fantasy weapons

the current loadout itself is undesirable because the melee weapon is very slow and has a painfully low DPS (you honestly should never use that RPG pack for dms anyway) and the recurved bow is pretty overpowered in its own right
Huh. Ok, well, if and when I ever decide to host that again, (I likely will if this is a flop) I'll keep this in mind.

Double post, sorry. I am now opening the beta! I need testers, so please come try it out!