Poll

Currently not accepting donations.
Thank you for your support!

Announcements:

• Help wanted! I don't have time to work on Slayer. If you want bugfixes/features, lend a hand. Post in the thread if you're interested!
  • [2016/11/29] Slayer update released (p59). Lots of bug fixes.
  • [2016/12/23] Slayer update released (p60).
  • [2017/01/11] CTF updated! New events and more. (p60)

Author Topic: Slayer | New Bugfix Update  (Read 222523 times)

Edit: Either my laptop is really forgeted up, or there is something wrong with the server file. I checked it, and it looked fine.
Anyone else having this issue?
Slayer crashing the server on start up? I am.

Your pan zooming breaks players (players can't control themselves for some reason and it acts like they are dead), camera FOV

I've seen multiple servers use v4 that have this same problem

The upside down camera thing happens if you set their fov to a negative number, that might help find the problem.

For some reason, this new Slayer won't let me use lights. Inside and out of a mini. I know there's a new checkbox for lights, but it doesn't really do anything since lights are always off now.

For some reason, this new Slayer won't let me use lights. Inside and out of a mini. I know there's a new checkbox for lights, but it doesn't really do anything since lights are always off now.

You missed an else return parent here.

No, I assume he doesn't want to make a new release for every fix.

No, I assume he doesn't want to make a new release for every fix.
There's old versions of Slayer on the RTB archives, right? Or are they going to auto-update?

There's old versions of Slayer on the RTB archives, right? Or are they going to auto-update?
Doubt they will auto update. I have the latest v3 of slayer, usually I watch other people post problems before I update the mod.

v4 and the beta have a lot of related issues that people have reported them a couple times.

Can you do any of the gamemodes with bots or do you need players to actually play the gamemode?

Getting a lot of console spam after updating slayer.

Code: [Select]
Loading Add-On: Item_Key (CRC:-1682392750)
Executing Add-Ons/Item_Key/server.cs.
Executing Add-Ons/Item_Key/yellowKey.cs.
Executing Add-Ons/Item_Key/greenKey.cs.
Executing Add-Ons/Item_Key/blueKey.cs.
8 datablocks added.

Loading Add-On: Gamemode_Slayer
exec: invalid script file Add-Ons/Gamemode_Slayer/server/support/Support_ObjectTransfe#6BAED1.cs.
ADD-ON "Gamemode_Slayer" CONTAINS SYNTAX ERRORS

Loading Add-On: Emote_Love (CRC:-925289075)
Executing Add-Ons/Emote_Love/server.cs.
Executing Add-Ons/Emote_Love/emote_love.cs.
3 datablocks added.

Part of the Console.log

Edit: Either my laptop is really forgeted up, or there is something wrong with the server file. I checked it, and it looked fine.
Anyone else having this issue?

Reinstall slayer. Somehow yours is corrupted. Did you use the updater?

And thanks for all the help so far zeblote.

Can you please fix the invalid functions for these? I get a bit of console spam from it.

GameConnection::nextCamTarget
I'm not really sure how this one happens, maybe when they try to spy on another player when they are dead?

AIPlayer::getTeam
I seem to get this often with hole bots
These too please, I'll try to get more trace when it happens, unless someone beats me to it

i just downloaded the new version

apparently slayer just doesn't recognize me as an admin in the server
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 04:10:48 PM by hodot »

[img width=800 ]http://puu.sh/mtrxJ/c038497bf8.jpg[/img]

[img ]http://puu.sh/mtrKb/3e3d4bf43e.png[/img]

i just downloaded the new version

apparently slayer just doesn't recognize me as an admin in the server
Any version from 3 to 4 is a big difference (new api and other stuff), it's not because you're admin