Poll

Currently not accepting donations.
Thank you for your support!

Announcements:

• Help wanted! I don't have time to work on Slayer. If you want bugfixes/features, lend a hand. Post in the thread if you're interested!
  • [2016/11/29] Slayer update released (p59). Lots of bug fixes.
  • [2016/12/23] Slayer update released (p60).
  • [2017/01/11] CTF updated! New events and more. (p60)

Author Topic: Slayer | New Bugfix Update  (Read 222493 times)

I'm fully updated with Slayer and I turned off auto-camera mode. It's still randomly zooming on people. Please fix this.
Many people have been complaining on my server about this

Please post a console log and the favorites file used for your minigame.

Update released:

<version:4.1.0>
   <ul>
      <li>Added support for dynamic "object" preferences in GUI. This paves the way for "leader" or "gun game" game modes.</li>
      <li>Fixed incorrect maximum value for "Name Distance". The max is now 1000.</li>
      <li>Fixed tab-navigation order on Basic tab.</li>
   </ul>
</version>

Thanks, also, there's an issue with the color picker because it's being cut off:

Also, please add an option for people to disable auto cam zoom when people spectate, people were so annoyed I had to package function GameConnection::spectateAutoCam(%client) because people want to fly and also spectate others without the auto zoom stuff. If there's an option already please tell me so I don't need to package that function.

You should add the ability to define %client in the callback for a preference. %client being the client that changed the preference.

Also, please add an option for people to disable auto cam zoom when people spectate, people were so annoyed I had to package function GameConnection::spectateAutoCam(%client) because people want to fly and also spectate others without the auto zoom stuff. If there's an option already please tell me so I don't need to package that function.

I really don't understand why you're having problems. The old spectate modes still exist. Press the light key to switch between them. Autocam isn't even the default mode. The default mode is the orbit mode that has always existed.

You should add the ability to define %client in the callback for a preference. %client being the client that changed the preference.

Sure.

Thanks, also, there's an issue with the color picker because it's being cut off:

Please fix this

I really don't understand why you're having problems. The old spectate modes still exist. Press the light key to switch between them. Autocam isn't even the default mode. The default mode is the orbit mode that has always existed.
I'm fully updated both server and client (4.1.0+release-20160226), so I have no idea why it's doing it, didn't see an option to change camera modes, I'm probably blind

Also, players are somehow able to respawn after then die.
When loading a preset, the mode and the datablock doesn't load properly, so it goes blank Doesn't occur often, but I'm using a schedule at 0ms to add the gamemode to Slayer
onMinigameReset has issues when loading from a save (even tested with just Slayer and not any event that modifies onMinigameReset)
When chatting, you get an error about getSubStr if you have nothing in the etard preference, even if it's disabled it seems to still check it with chatFilter
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 11:01:57 AM by Kyuande »

I really can't help you until you do this. Please post the entire files.

Please post a console log and the favorites file used for your minigame.

Oh, sorry about that.

Although, the console doesn't really spit anything out about the issues I'm having, so I'll do trace when I can.

Everything is working again, except I have no idea why auto-cam mode is on even though I turned it off.

Also:
I've been trying to figure out why I can't select the other half of the colors, it literally cuts me off from even highlighting it.

Console log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n1bxs0iodryb22k/console%203-4-16.log?dl=0 (since it's too big) It's just trace because I don't see any add-ons interfering it
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 05:30:26 PM by Kyuande »

For some reason, I locked a team and stuff, it had one player slot, it was supposed to be a team for working on the map (you have jets and spawn with tools instead of having to pick them up) and two players somehow joined it. They knew that they shouldn't have been able to, but they did anyways. They couldn't have done anything to spawn, since I didn't trust them, but still, this is a problem! I can't get the console stuff since I'm running a Dedicated server and have no idea how they did it.

They also joined a locked team with a max playercount of 0, it's got a preferred playercount of 30. It's just made to spawn bots with custom loadouts. Auto sort weight was 0 and auto-sort was off anyways. I was AFK at the time but looked through the chat. One of them is a regular on the server, their names were Knight Logarius and Feared_Cookies so if you happen to see them ingame you can question them about it I guess.

I have several different addons that may have done this... They may have used events, I'm going to go check. Either they didn't use events or hid it well. And by well I mean it's not super obvious, and I'm not gonna check everything's events. I'm sorry but that's all I know. For now I'm removing non-player teams.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 07:15:09 PM by SuperSuit12 »

Console log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n1bxs0iodryb22k/console%203-4-16.log?dl=0 (since it's too big) It's just trace because I don't see any add-ons interfering it

I know you're trying to help but please just give me the normal console log, *unmodified*, from Blockland start to close.

It would also be helpful to see your minigame configuration. To do this, just set a minigame favorite and then navigate to config/client/slayer/config_saved and upload the corresponding *.mgame.csv and *.teams.csv files.

For some reason, I locked a team and stuff, it had one player slot, it was supposed to be a team for working on the map (you have jets and spawn with tools instead of having to pick them up) and two players somehow joined it. They knew that they shouldn't have been able to, but they did anyways. They couldn't have done anything to spawn, since I didn't trust them, but still, this is a problem! I can't get the console stuff since I'm running a Dedicated server and have no idea how they did it.

They also joined a locked team with a max playercount of 0, it's got a preferred playercount of 30. It's just made to spawn bots with custom loadouts. Auto sort weight was 0 and auto-sort was off anyways. I was AFK at the time but looked through the chat. One of them is a regular on the server, their names were Knight Logarius and Feared_Cookies so if you happen to see them ingame you can question them about it I guess.

I have several different addons that may have done this... They may have used events, I'm going to go check. Either they didn't use events or hid it well. And by well I mean it's not super obvious, and I'm not gonna check everything's events. I'm sorry but that's all I know. For now I'm removing non-player teams.

Were these players admins? At this point I would suspect that either they were administrators or they used events that were already on the map to join the team.

No, they weren't admins and I didn't have any events to change teams to the bot or admin teams.

No, they weren't admins and I didn't have any events to change teams to the bot or admin teams.

Ok. Could you please ask them about it next time you see them? Thanks for the help!