Poll

Currently not accepting donations.
Thank you for your support!

Announcements:

• Help wanted! I don't have time to work on Slayer. If you want bugfixes/features, lend a hand. Post in the thread if you're interested!
  • [2016/11/29] Slayer update released (p59). Lots of bug fixes.
  • [2016/12/23] Slayer update released (p60).
  • [2017/01/11] CTF updated! New events and more. (p60)

Author Topic: Slayer | New Bugfix Update  (Read 222446 times)

I'd REALLY love to help, but I got no coding experience really. Still, if you need help with something that you think a non-programmer like me could help you with, I'm game. You deserve some help darn it!

I would help where need be. I have a little bit of experience. Just pm me if you need me.

I'd REALLY love to help, but I got no coding experience really. Still, if you need help with something that you think a non-programmer like me could help you with, I'm game. You deserve some help darn it!
Thanks Jack, I appreciate it.

I would help where need be. I have a little bit of experience. Just pm me if you need me.
PMed.

I've decided to help make Slayer relevant again since it annoys me plenty that servers don't use the up-to-date version due to its bugs. Count me in!

Bug report: you don't store the "spectate" schedule in a variable, therefore when the game restarts the schedule is never cancelled.
Causes people to be stuck spectating the next round if they died in the next-round timer somehow.
Valve, pls fix.

Valve, pls fix.

Sorry mate, we aren't Valve. We can't help you.

The bug will be fixed once Greek gives me an okay, Soretooth fixes it or Greek himself fixes it, whatever comes first.

I've decided to help make Slayer relevant again since it annoys me plenty that servers don't use the up-to-date version due to its bugs. Count me in!

Awesome, I'd love for you to join! Do you have any examples of previous work? Also, do you have a Bitbucket account?

Awesome, I'd love for you to join! Do you have any examples of previous work? Also, do you have a Bitbucket account?

I have previously released Freeze Tag Playertypes after a request from TableSalt. Fully commentated.

What is a Bitbucket, is it like Github or is it edible?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 07:16:08 AM by Marios »

Yep, Bitbucket is just like Github! There's some questionable bits with bugs in it though so I wouldn't recommend eating it...

Here's a tutorial on how code will be submitted: https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/making-a-pull-request
Make sure you read the part called "Forking Workflow With Pull Requests".

Is there a way i could make one team frozen for a certain amount of time while the other team isn't frozen? I'm trying to make a hide and seek game mode with this.

Code: [Select]
useTeams = true;
disable_teamCreation = true;
default_time = 5;
default_lives = 1;
default_latejointime = 0;
teams_minTeams = 2;
teams_maxTeams = 2;
new ScriptObject()
{
disable_delete = true;
default_name = "Red";
default_color = GetClosestColorID("255 0 0");
};
new ScriptObject()
{
disable_delete = true;
default_name = "Blue";
default_color = GetClosestColorID("0 0 255");
};
This works all fine and dandy.
And I can edit the teams, works just fine. Good.

But if I edit the team and then later edit any other slayer settings, the teams get recreated. So then there's 4 teams, Red, Blue, Red#####, Blue#####. The gamemode is only meant to support 2 teams, and I even set it to a limit of 2 teams.

Greek2me I suggest you supply us with a GitHub so we can make pull requests for your approval, it's going to streamline development a lot. nvm you have a bitbucket

this is me offering to help make slayer great again btw
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 04:20:41 AM by Crystalwarrior »

this is me offering to help make slayer great again btw

You'll need to wait a while - he seems to be offline for quite some time. I PM'd him 9th of November (almost a week by now) and I've still got no answer.

Slayer doesn't work on offline singleplayer. Just putting that out there. It's pretty annoying.

Slayer doesn't work on offline singleplayer. Just putting that out there. It's pretty annoying.

It's always worked offline for me - what exactly isn't working? If Greek2me grants me the repo's location I may try to find the issue.