Poll

Currently not accepting donations.
Thank you for your support!

Announcements:

• Help wanted! I don't have time to work on Slayer. If you want bugfixes/features, lend a hand. Post in the thread if you're interested!
  • [2016/11/29] Slayer update released (p59). Lots of bug fixes.
  • [2016/12/23] Slayer update released (p60).
  • [2017/01/11] CTF updated! New events and more. (p60)

Author Topic: Slayer | New Bugfix Update  (Read 222583 times)

They're not stopping the events from running. It seems to be having issues with the fact I'm using a custom colorset, sometimes it changes what color it thinks the minigame is set to and it shows up as orange in the list.

Stopping events from running? Please elaborate. It is only designed to stop minigame input events from being triggered. If a player walks outside the boundaries and uses an onActivate event, it will still work.

Also, the color in the minigame list is incorrect due to some limitations with the default Blockland code. As stated in the Help file, go by the color in the Slayer GUI, next to the minigame title. (there is a small color selector)

onMinigameReset is still being called. :/

Updated again! The only change this time is that old game modes like Endless Zombies now work.

Sorry, I forgot to look at why the minigame regions aren't working perfectly.

To be honest, i feel like infection seems to make it sound like a zombie gamemode, If i were you i'd name it tag or something

nice
To be honest, i feel like infection seems to make it sound like a zombie gamemode, If i were you i'd name it tag or something
well to be fair you can make it so it is a zombie gamemode
but if it had to be changed maybe something like "team switcher" since tag is a different thing entirely

I'd have to look into it but I've had an issue where updating the minigame from a TDM to a DM makes the people who were previously on your team invulnerable to your attacks.

Just wondering...is the pathing system you hoped to create even possible in Blockland? It looked too good to be true. But hey, if it IS impossible, is there any way to get the nodes to work again? I made this Rainbow Six Siege styled map, but using events to have the bots navigate it would be...a NIGHTMARE. It was then that I remembered your path nodes. If we could have those back until the new system's finished, that'd be awesome! Heck, you could TELL me how to do it. I've already tinkered with plenty of add-ons and  I could probably understand your instructions a bit. I DID do a bit of Java in highschool, but the most complicated thing I made was a rock-paper-scissors game. :/ I've also completely forgotten almost everything I've learned. I know a few basic terms, but that's pretty much it.

I'd have to look into it but I've had an issue where updating the minigame from a TDM to a DM makes the people who were previously on your team invulnerable to your attacks.

Thanks! https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/issues/259/invulnerable-players-after-game-mode

Just wondering...is the pathing system you hoped to create even possible in Blockland? It looked too good to be true. But hey, if it IS impossible, is there any way to get the nodes to work again? I made this Rainbow Six Siege styled map, but using events to have the bots navigate it would be...a NIGHTMARE. It was then that I remembered your path nodes. If we could have those back until the new system's finished, that'd be awesome! Heck, you could TELL me how to do it. I've already tinkered with plenty of add-ons and  I could probably understand your instructions a bit. I DID do a bit of Java in highschool, but the most complicated thing I made was a rock-paper-scissors game. :/ I've also completely forgotten almost everything I've learned. I know a few basic terms, but that's pretty much it.

Yeah, it's possible. I had it fully working at one point. The only problem was that it took 5-10 minutes to fully generate the navigation mesh, which is far too long.

The path nodes use a different system, but I can try putting them back in.

Thanks! https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/issues/259/invulnerable-players-after-game-mode

Yeah, it's possible. I had it fully working at one point. The only problem was that it took 5-10 minutes to fully generate the navigation mesh, which is far too long.

The path nodes use a different system, but I can try putting them back in.

Dang, that had to really let the air outta ya lungs when you got the mesh to work and realized it took an eternity to generate. Sorry ya had to go through that, and thanks for trying! I REALLY didn't think Blockland would work with that, but it seems this game has more to its capabilities than meets the eye. Shoot if you could do that, I'm CERTAIN that we can create an event that toggles whether or not a bot can move without disabling it's aggression or turning it off.

Appreciate ya planning to put the nodes back in as well. But a question regarding the mesh generation...were you generating it in relation to an objective, or were you creating bricks that generated where the bot could and couldn't go on the map? I remember that picture you showed, and I'd thought the mesh was actually a place-able brick. :I I'm not very educated on path generation. I just know what it is because TF2 does it if you put it in the console. Likewise, it ALSO took forever. It even messed up and and somehow got a bunch of engie bots to fill a room with dispensers at their own spawn. XD

slayer finally got what it needed   a new header

Appreciate ya planning to put the nodes back in as well. But a question regarding the mesh generation...were you generating it in relation to an objective, or were you creating bricks that generated where the bot could and couldn't go on the map? I remember that picture you showed, and I'd thought the mesh was actually a place-able brick. :I I'm not very educated on path generation. I just know what it is because TF2 does it if you put it in the console. Likewise, it ALSO took forever. It even messed up and and somehow got a bunch of engie bots to fill a room with dispensers at their own spawn. XD
He placed bricks down as a path, and those green areas on that image are static shapes (not bricks, just objects), they show where it's possible the bot can go

An update for Slayer CTF has been released!

Quote from: Changelog
  • Added "Returned Flag Respawn Time", separate from the normal "Dropped Flag" respawn time. Prevent instant re-captures.
  • Added onFlagPickedUp, onFlagDropped, onFlagReturned, and onFlagRecovered input events.
  • Added Player->DropFlag output event.

Did you know?

Slayer CTF is an extremely flexible game mode. Here's some examples of things you can do:
  • Multiple flag spawns per team.
  • Attack-only CTF. None of the teams have flags; instead, they must capture a neutral flag and return it to their base.
  • Attack-Defense CTF. Only one team has a flag and the others must capture it.
  • Dynamic flag locking. Use events to prevent specific flags from being captured. Allows for granular control - prevent one team from capturing the same flag twice, for example.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:55:22 PM by Greek2me »

An update for Slayer CTF
Cool. I can now make "Bad guy stole the flag!" events

Did you know?

Slayer CTF is an extremely flexible game mode. Here's some examples of things you can do:
  • Multiple flag spawns per team.
  • Attack-only CTF. None of the teams have flags; instead, they must capture a neutral flag and return it to their base.
  • Attack-Defense CTF. Only one team has a flag and the others must capture it.
  • Dynamic flag locking. Use events to prevent specific flags from being captured. Allows for granular control - prevent one team from capturing the same flag twice, for example.
You could also do an S4 League style thing where you capture a neutral flag and bring it to the enemy base.
Speaking of which, the fumbi flag is awful. It needs to have it's mountpoint set to 8 so that the beam of light will always be pointing straight up, then give it offset so it floats above the player.