Author Topic: Possible upcoming new feature (hats) - Confirmed by Badspot  (Read 15068 times)

cool now i can wear a fedora in blockland

Neat
Now we need a hat for forum people
And one for the pre-steam people

uh I mean everyone should be equal yeah go everyone

No, pre-steam superiority and forum hats gogogo

Yeah, equality for each and every head.

I'd rather be able to access every hat in the game straight away instead of having to exclusively collect it from another user.
this. i don't want hats to be a badspot cashgrab to try to keep people actively playing (idling) the game (look my game's popular!!). I want to at least be able to use all the hats in my own server. If there's a cool cowboy hat, I want to be able to enable it for my server so I can make all the people on the cowboy team wear that hat. I don't mind if on say, badspot's block party, you can only wear hats that you own, but I want access to them all when hosting, and the ability to mount them on others on my own server.
They'd probably have an option to enable classic physics before you start a server and enable it individually for certain vehicles.
yea just like they'd probably have an option to play with maps if you don't want shaders!

no, it's stupid to even have an option of using the old, broken physics. you could replicate the 'XD random my sides' physics with mods. it's not worth keeping an entire broken physics engine in the game just so people can overreact about their skis flipping or accidentally crash a server or two with a helicopter. you also have to remember that future updates will then have to support both the old physics system and the new- wait nevermind it's been two years since the "bigger than unity" promise; we aren't getting a new physics system or future updates relying on it because all hope of new, innovative, development died over a year ago.

this. i don't want hats to be a badspot cashgrab to try to keep people actively playing (idling) the game (look my game's popular!!). I want to at least be able to use all the hats in my own server. If there's a cool cowboy hat, I want to be able to enable it for my server so I can make all the people on the cowboy team wear that hat. I don't mind if on say, badspot's block party, you can only wear hats that you own, but I want access to them all when hosting, and the ability to mount them on others on my own server.yea just like they'd probably have an option to play with maps if you don't want shaders!

Oh yeah like you could host a server and make every person join the server wear a certain hat! But that would kill the purpose of it because every server would have it set to the silliest hat possible :(

This better not be a "steam only" thing. Cos i dont use steam and i prolly never will. I also would like to be able to use all the hats in sp and on my own server. I dont want to play seven hours of knife grapple rope tdm just so i can wear a cowboy hat on my own server.