Author Topic: (join the testing server) Probably gonna be making weapon pack with Althar.  (Read 5259 times)

Not knowing a gun's name however does not excuse us from giving proper respect to the original makers of it and it's design, or give you a reason not even bother trying. I don't see you jumping around discussing car names, which makes even less sense.

This is not the "Discuss the meaning of gun names" Thread though, so stop it.
Well, having ridiculous names alienates the majority of Blockland players which means your pack gets that much less useful.

And I feel that way with vehicle names too, but it doesn't seem to be so much of an issue with them. Not to mention there's no point in talking about vehicles in this thread.

He had a point with the vehicles.
How is naming a car "turismo" rather than "sportscar" going to alienate users. That's just dumb.

He had a point with the vehicles.
How is naming a car "turismo" rather than "sportscar" going to alienate users. That's just dumb.
I've never heard of a Turismo in my life outside of Blockland. If I join a server and see that in the vehicle list, how am I supposed to know what it is? I probably wouldn't spawn or use it.

I've never heard of a Turismo in my life outside of Blockland. If I join a server and see that in the vehicle list, how am I supposed to know what it is? I probably wouldn't spawn or use it.
But you would spawn it to see what it is because everybody is curious.

bump this needs to stay alive

is dis ded?  :panda:

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 06:45:01 PM by Badspot »

Well, having ridiculous names alienates the majority of Blockland players which means your pack gets that much less useful.
What the hell "alienates" people about proper labeling of a gun? "oh no it doesn't meet my vague expectation oh god oh gosh now i hate it"

...Wow, that was April. What an old thread this must be.

In a realistic pack using the actual names is better than using ignorant dumbed-down simple names like "ASSAULT RIFLE"
You can't have a realistic pack with 30 assault rifles all using the name "ASSAULT RIFLE". It's simply very stupid. Quit being clueless and complaining about not knowing things when you can learn what they are and get used to how they function.

"BLAH, I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS IS AND I REFUSE TO FIND OUT! DUMB IT DOWN NOW OR I'LL NEVER USE IT!"

...Wow, that was April. What an old thread this must be.
LOL i just noticed that now too

You can't have a realistic pack with 30 assault rifles all using the name "ASSAULT RIFLE". It's simply very stupid.
It's simply very stupid to have 30 assault rifles in the first place. They all do approximately the same thing, and at that point you're wasting time, effort, and datablocks. Instead of making 30 stuffty weapons that all act the same yet you don't know what any of them do until you waste ammo and/or time, how about 1 high-quality weapon that acts exactly like you would expect from the name?

It's simply very stupid to have 30 assault rifles in the first place. They all do approximately the same thing, and at that point you're wasting time, effort, and datablocks. Instead of making 30 stuffty weapons that all act the same yet you don't know what any of them do until you waste ammo and/or time, how about 1 high-quality weapon that acts exactly like you would expect from the name?
diversity. Not every "assault rifle" functions the same. There's different firing modes, rates of fire, range, accuracy, caliber, specialties, etc...
You should just think that through before jumping to conclusions and assuming every gun is the same and there should only be one that does EVERYTHING.

Also what's wrong with creating a large weapon pack with a huge variety of firearms to choose from? And what is stopping you from figuring out what the gun is instead of being stubborn and refusing to figure out something you don't know? Either you get with the times and learn what a loving gun is or quit complaining about names and >muh confusion and go back to your peaceful City RP where everything is dumbed-down for simple-minded people as yourself.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 10:47:44 PM by Treti »

people are still complaining about a single feature even to this day.

Let's get something clear, If i made a weapons pack, it was nice, nice models nice ammo system, etc.

And i decided.. Hey, I like an actual reload animation instead of the clip magically floating into the gun, or just tilting the gun and bam, instant reload. So i put Hand models on, with full gloves, i finish, then release. maybe change a few things depending, but i won't change the hands, if they have bad animation, or placement, ill fix that.

If the creator of that weapon pack likes something, and he doesn't feel like changing that one feature, but will change everything else to fit the needs of the people who like it.  Who the forget cares about that single feature? The complaining about hands thing, it's a bit old. If you don't like it and the person wants it/ won't change it. That's tough stuff.

And please for the love of god don't try to compare what i said to something like "what if Microsoft didn't change their Xbone" or some stupid stuff like that, it has no relation at all, and you're just trying too hard.

people are still complaining about a single feature even to this day.

Let's get something clear, If i made a weapons pack, it was nice, nice models nice ammo system, etc.

And i decided.. Hey, I like an actual reload animation instead of the clip magically floating into the gun, or just tilting the gun and bam, instant reload. So i put Hand models on, with full gloves, i finish, then release. maybe change a few things depending, but i won't change the hands, if they have bad animation, or placement, ill fix that.

If the creator of that weapon pack likes something, and he doesn't feel like changing that one feature, but will change everything else to fit the needs of the people who like it.  Who the forget cares about that single feature? The complaining about hands thing, it's a bit old. If you don't like it and the person wants it/ won't change it. That's tough stuff.

And please for the love of god don't try to compare what i said to something like "what if Microsoft didn't change their Xbone" or some stupid stuff like that, it has no relation at all, and you're just trying too hard.

we're not talking about that at all...?

we're not talking about that at all...?
was late replying to all the people who were.