Author Topic: Can someone make a JVS tutorial for Blender?  (Read 1836 times)

I seen a Milkshape JVS tutorial but why not Blender JVS tutorial?

You should just make doors using the default system.
Problems with JVS doors:

• 16 events to open a door.
  • Horrible AIM sounds
  • A "jvs" tab instead of being in the special/interactive tab where they belong
  • Backwards loop structure that causes the brick loading times to increase for all bricks for each jvs door that you have installed.  If you have 50 JVS doors installed, you're looking at a 10x increase in loading times.  This alone is reason to remove it from the game permanently.  I regret not CRC failing when I discovered this issue years ago.
  • Overly complicated door blocking system that requires a taxing container radius search every time someone opens a door.  Door disabling can easily be implemented via toggleEventEnabled or setRayCastingEnabled.
  • Overly complicated ID restriction system that serves no purpose except providing yet another way for power starved pre-teens to give themselves special privileges over other users so they can have some semblance of empowerment in their otherwise impotent lives.

aww :c I wish I can make this as blb with rotating animate I already have 2 model it Ceiling Fans

It will worked when it has animate in game after converted obj to blb?

Ignore jes, the default doors suck. Simplicity is not good if it means less features and no animations.

That said, it is easy. Just add animations, call them something, export your model as .dts and then follow the milkshape tutorial for how to set up the files.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 10:36:07 AM by Zeblote »

oh okay but I don't use Milkshape I just use Blender to model and export as .dts I don't know how to export .dts with animation.

oh okay but I don't use Milkshape I just use Blender to model and export as .dts I don't know how to export .dts with animation.

???

ah thank you Zeblote! I ll do it tomorrow tonight

I really wish someone just made new kind of doors that used a mish mash of bricks and animated static shapes.
So, for instance, when you open a door, it becamse a frame with animated static shape put into it, and once the animation is done, the blb is changed to the open door brick.
So you will only need 3 blb's and one static shape for a door. Doesn't sound too bad to me.

I'd do it but I dunno if I have enough motivation for it yet.

I really wish someone just made new kind of doors that used a mish mash of bricks and animated static shapes.
So, for instance, when you open a door, it becamse a frame with animated static shape put into it, and once the animation is done, the blb is changed to the open door brick.
So you will only need 3 blb's and one static shape for a door. Doesn't sound too bad to me.

I'd do it but I dunno if I have enough motivation for it yet.
What exactly is the point of that?

Not to use the admittedly bad jvs

I prefer JVS hands down.