windows explorer running slow as forget (SOLVED)

Author Topic: windows explorer running slow as forget (SOLVED)  (Read 3908 times)

windows explorer is running too slow for me to even want to use it, i uninstalled a few of programs (including Norton, that was a good idea) but it still keeps doing this, can someone help because its getting annoying as all hell because my hard drive keeps scanning and is loud (and annoying) as forget

and suggestions?

nevermind its fixed
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 03:45:34 PM by Rockinboy2000 »

Try running a chkdsk on it. It will ask you to reboot your system. Or you can also reboot, press F8 when prompted to boot in safemode/when prompt to select an OS and select "Repair". Then run a chkdsk from there.

Try running a chkdsk on it. It will ask you to reboot your system. Or you can also reboot, press F8 when prompted to boot in safemode/when prompt to select an OS and select "Repair". Then run a chkdsk from there.

wait im dumb its not my harddrive its just windows explorer itself

lemme fix OP

How "slow" is slow for you? Does your drive click, grind or do any weird noise other than a spinning motor noise when opening folders/files?

You uninstalled Norton. You don't ever completely uninstall Norton unless you wish for this to happen. Reinstall Windows.

Yeah, about that, did you delete Norton or did you use the executeable in Norton's webpage to fully uninstall norton? BTW: Don't install Norton again.

Yeah, about that, did you delete Norton or did you use the executeable in Norton's webpage to fully uninstall norton? BTW: Don't install Norton again.

Used the executable

BTW i thought i would install windows 8.1 because i never did before

What is your operating system, Windoze 7, 8, 8.1? 32 or 64 bit?

windows internet explorer or the file browsing thing?

windows internet explorer or the file browsing thing?
he said windows explorer more than once, not internet explorer

oh yay its fixed, windows 8.1 fixed the problem

i guess it either is because originally windows 8 would open files in apps and that might have slowed down everything else or use a forgetton of ram

anyways now that i know my hard-drive isnt dying + everything from old windows (media player and other stuff) is back on im pretty relived

for people who gave me legitimate suggestions, thanks

locking