One-click screenshot uploader

Poll

Would you find a screenshot uploader useful even though you have to run an external program?

Yes
No

Author Topic: One-click screenshot uploader  (Read 898 times)

I have been thinking of creating an add-on which instantly uploads a Blockland screenshot to the web and gives you a link. This would be a lot easier than uploading to an image host manually.
Unfortunately, since it is impossible to read binary files with Torque script, the add-on would require an external program which reads the .png file and sends it. The program would be open-source, however, to prove that it is not malware.

You should ask badspot whether he can add methods that read a binary file, and then just send it over a tcp object, just how the tcp object already has methods to buffer and save a binary file.

You should ask badspot whether he can add methods that read a binary file, and then just send it over a tcp object, just how the tcp object already has methods to buffer and save a binary file.
Badspot probably doesn't care about development anymore.

Badspot probably doesn't care about development anymore.
Ask anyways. Reading and sending a file wouldn't take him long.

Ask anyways. Reading and sending a file wouldn't take him long.
Badspot is not going to respond to some problem user like myself.

Why reinvent the wheel? You can do the same thing with puuush

Re-inventing can make improvements to things.

Why reinvent the wheel?
this is such a dumb brown townogy. we have reinvented the wheel plenty of times

When was the last time you've seen vehicles with stone wheels?

I don't understand, you press the keybind you set for puuush and it automatically takes the picture, uploads, it also gives you a notification that if you right click will automatically put the link into your keyboard.

it sounds like a close competitor with puu.sh, but if you can make hot key support, fullscreen capture, and maybe even some editing options before uploading (filter, text, etc.), it'll be great

after all, if you're going to make external software specifically for photography, you might as well throw in a handy gui
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 08:12:15 PM by Car Selling Pyro »