Author Topic: (Miniature) Westeros, from Game of Thrones. [WIP]  (Read 2054 times)

So for the past couple of days I've been working on this project, strangely enough I didn't even plan to build this; I was just randomly drawing some landscape and I remembered one of my favorite book series/TV shows...then this happened. Even though it may seem large, this map is just a miniature version of Westeros from the hit TV series "Game of Thrones", making this map (when I release it) a good size for a Mini Empires server. The map isn't still yet complete, and there are things I've added which I'll probably end up changing, like the shape of Dorne, amount of trees/mountains etc. (I'll remember to keep the topic updated.) So far, the major cities/castles of;
King's Landing, Harrenhal, Sunspear, Highgarden, Storm's End, Riverrun, Casterly Rock, Pyke, The Twins, The Eyrie and Winterfell have been added. There isn't much else to add text-wise, so I'll just fling a ton of pictures at you all.

King's Landing

Storm's End

Sunspear

Highgarden

Casterly Rock

Pyke

Riverrun

Harrenhal

The Eyrie

The Twins

Winterfell

You may rate, I'd also appreciate ideas on what I could add/fix.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 05:07:32 PM by Juicy Drop Pop »

the scaling is very strange in terms of land to kingdom proportionality
that said, it's a unique build and I gotta admit, though there is extremely low detail, it's kinda cute

Really the only thing I would say you could bother improving would be filling in all that empty area with the appropriate terrain

Been looking for one of these for a while now, and here it is.

If you'd like my suggestion, maybe you could build Valyria/Slaver's Bay and the Free Cities. If you're a true GoT fan and you have the books, then you will find a map of each in "A Dance With Dragons".

Been looking for one of these for a while now, and here it is.

If you'd like my suggestion, maybe you could build Valyria/Slaver's Bay and the Free Cities. If you're a true GoT fan and you have the books, then you will find a map of each in "A Dance With Dragons".
Off by heart I know what the entire known world looks like in the ASOFAI series, building the above would be easy; the difficult part is building the landscape of Essos. It took quite a long while just to create the shape of Westeros, not even including the mountains and landmarks and seeing as Essos is larger than Westeros; I'd prefer to add that on a later date.

Congrats on finishing this. It looks pretty good