Poll

What style of vehicle you would like to see more?

Modern expensive cars
6 (15.4%)
Early 2000's or 90's generic cheap cars (sedans or so on)
6 (15.4%)
Specific cars for specific purposes (Mail or ice cream van for example)
6 (15.4%)
60's luxury Cars
2 (5.1%)
70's whatever Cars
5 (12.8%)
80's iconic Cars
3 (7.7%)
Racing Cars (NASCAR, Le Mans, stuff like that)
3 (7.7%)
Eastern European Old Cars (Trabant or Lada vehicles for example)
1 (2.6%)
War Vehicles (yes that's right)
3 (7.7%)
Boats (not sure how I'll be able to do it but we'll see)
3 (7.7%)
Planes
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Filipe1020's Development Topic - LOCKED (Move to the Add-Ons Topic)  (Read 300248 times)

Holy mother trucker! I'm hyped! Thanks Filipe; good to see a Rolls Royce based vehicle from you for once! <3

So luxurious! Very smooth ride, nice work with handling, and implementing the lights.

The one thing I'd do is give it a bit more roll. It corners pretty flat for a big ...saloon.

In my game I changed the masscenter to "0 0 1" and it became pleasantly animated during sharp turns.

My way to test and see if the masscenter is unreasonably high is to get in, orb, face straight down, and teleport, so it lands right on its front. If it tips forward onto its roof, the masscenter is too high up. I did this test, and it got back down on its wheels. So even if you land at a 90 degree angle, it'll still tend to stay upright.

I know it kind of stinks to ask you to change something after you've released it, but I think this is a nice, simple change.

Another thing that came to mind is that you may consider making the lights just a little bit yellow. In GTA V, one of my favorite things I noticed early on is that not every vehicle has the same color of lights. Modern cars' lights are a more bluish or pure white, and older cars' are yellowed. Not deteriorated-looking, but warmer. It's another small tweak that I think would improve the overall atmosphere of the vehicle.

Oh, and two more things, I guess. Please let me know if I'm overstepping my bounds, I want to be helpful, not picky, but:

http://puu.sh/icfus/c4802f8f6f.png

I don't know how a vehicle like this would be balanced, but I suspect that it would be a little more toward the front, rather than the back. A masscenter of "0 0.5 1" moves the slight imbalance to the other side: http://puu.sh/icfUT/5e60d9f3ec.png

I would also consider making the vehicle rear wheel drive (and doubling enginetorque to compensate) by adding these to the function at the bottom of Saloon.cs:
Code: [Select]
%obj.setWheelPowered(0,0);
%obj.setWheelPowered(1,0);
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:17:42 PM by Teneksi »

Well thanks for the tips Teneksi I'll sure add them once I update the car.

Oh I'd just like to tell something, if you make vehicles and want to add a brand for it feel free to use those on my vehicles, like the Dalton, Nakata, Aurore, Brent, Quota, Fierra, Kingston and others.

Oh I'd just like to tell something, if you make vehicles and want to add a brand for it feel free to use those on my vehicles, like the Dalton, Nakata, Aurore, Brent, Quota, Fierra, Kingston and others.
Yea that's going to be fun switching all mine from NHM to all these (lol).

Surprise!
Brent Coupé (Name still WIP) (View in 3D)

Yay a Subaru/Toyota/Lexus/Scion

Lexus? xD
Lexus was also a part of the making of it but I don't know the Lexus model name.

This car will have only Aftermarket parts, feel free to suggest your favorites!

Lexus was also a part of the making of it but I don't know the Lexus model name.

this?
the headlights and front do sort of look like it but idk

this?
the headlights and front do sort of look like it but idk
That is a whole different car the LFA

Surprise!
Brent Coupé (Name still WIP) (View in 3D)

Dat smooth shading, tho'.

Otherwise, God loving hell in a hand basket, that stuff's the stuff.

On a side note: for some reason, I feel like there should be some kind of "Storm Car" base off the Storm Pack you and Electrk released. Is there any way you could pull something like that off? That would be really awesome to see, cuz when you released the Storm Pack, you kinda sent a 'Tron' kind of vibe my way.