Filipe1020's Development Topic - LOCKED (Move to the Add-Ons Topic)

Poll

What style of vehicle you would like to see more?

Modern expensive cars
6 (15.4%)
Early 2000's or 90's generic cheap cars (sedans or so on)
6 (15.4%)
Specific cars for specific purposes (Mail or ice cream van for example)
6 (15.4%)
60's luxury Cars
2 (5.1%)
70's whatever Cars
5 (12.8%)
80's iconic Cars
3 (7.7%)
Racing Cars (NASCAR, Le Mans, stuff like that)
3 (7.7%)
Eastern European Old Cars (Trabant or Lada vehicles for example)
1 (2.6%)
War Vehicles (yes that's right)
3 (7.7%)
Boats (not sure how I'll be able to do it but we'll see)
3 (7.7%)
Planes
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Filipe1020's Development Topic - LOCKED (Move to the Add-Ons Topic)  (Read 297585 times)

There is no possible fix for that really, also do the simple solution of listening to a MP3 file
That is what I do, but it can still be annoying if you want to have a police siren or something that you want other people to hear.

I can't say a definite yes/no to the engine sound poll because I like engine sounds if they only play while the vehicle is moving (I don't like how the speedkart engine sounds play even when the karts aren't moving) - also, could someone link me a download to non-idling speedkarts please?

the best engine sounds are the ones like Bushido's, where you can hear very subtly the gears changing as you gain speed, and the engine sound gradually reaching a higher tone after each gear change. I don't like engine sounds that play the same sound regardless of what speed the vehicle is moving at

I like the engine sounds. But cars like the Rosso that shift continuously are kind of annoying. It reminds of of the Burnout: Paradise cars

I do like the engine noises, the only thing I dislike is that they interfere with the stereo mod.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 09:12:53 AM by Robo Dude »

I like the engine sounds. But cars like the Rosso that shift continuously are kind of annoying. It reminds of of the Burnout: Paradise cars
I already fixed that and now it works like the Hydric

the engine sounds are horrible and do not blend well at all. they sound like they are collected from a bunch of different cars and duct taped together for one car and it just isnt carried out well. id rather have no engine sound. you should at least make a pack with no sound and one with the sound for those that *really* want it. it just doesnt sound good.

I accidentally selected No lol, I say yes it should be removed because the sounds don't seem that well.. Stereo is over-written and you need to use the /setmusic mod by MARBLE MAN; They need better sounds.

I accidentally selected No lol, I say yes it should be removed because the sounds don't seem that well.. Stereo is over-written and you need to use the /setmusic mod by MARBLE MAN; They need better sounds.
Accidentally voted for no too lol, honestly I think they should be implemented better (smoother volume changes according to engine RPM somehow, also script didn't detect when to use tire screeching sound most of the time), otherwise they're more annoying than anything.

I accidently voted no too. I thought the poll was "keep engine sounds", so I voted no. But the question was actually "remove engine sounds?"

Fine I'll reset the poll, just a note though not every single car will use the same engine sounds from the Hydric, so yeah, expect the next cars to sound better.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 11:36:55 AM by Filipe »

I love the idea behind the engine sounds. In it's current state, Blockland is annoyingly quiet. The only noises are caused by items and sometimes events. Occasionally those weird noises when you crash a vehicle. The engine sounds add another level of immersion along with the custom parts.

It was annoying how people could stealthily kill you with a vehicle. Guns make noise, explosions make noises, melee weapons make noises, but not vehicles. That's right: Vehicles are stealth weapons. Just run your opponent over at 120 km/h for a silent takedown.

Altough the Hydric's engine sounds do need work, it's an excellent start. Not to mention, adding engine sounds maintains consistency between this, the footsteps mod, and many of the popular plane mods.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 12:20:32 PM by Emmanuel Goldstein »

Maybe just make an RTB pref for engine sounds if that's possible. I like them though

I vote yes. RTB pref would be cool tho
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 05:40:08 PM by Brickmaster »

Improve them, don't remove them.

Improve them, don't remove them.
I have a new favorite quote. Thanks.