Poll

What style of vehicle you would like to see more?

Modern expensive cars
6 (15.4%)
Early 2000's or 90's generic cheap cars (sedans or so on)
6 (15.4%)
Specific cars for specific purposes (Mail or ice cream van for example)
6 (15.4%)
60's luxury Cars
2 (5.1%)
70's whatever Cars
5 (12.8%)
80's iconic Cars
3 (7.7%)
Racing Cars (NASCAR, Le Mans, stuff like that)
3 (7.7%)
Eastern European Old Cars (Trabant or Lada vehicles for example)
1 (2.6%)
War Vehicles (yes that's right)
3 (7.7%)
Boats (not sure how I'll be able to do it but we'll see)
3 (7.7%)
Planes
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Filipe1020's Development Topic - LOCKED (Move to the Add-Ons Topic)  (Read 297556 times)

Well, the engine sounds will stay then.

Could at least when your inside the vehicle (First person) It actually sounds a lot quieter and smoother..
Most vehicles have silent mufflers, Unless you edit them..

Could you try to make them not interfere with car stereo if possible?

Also, try to make it so that you get your hands back when you exit a vehicle's driver's seat.

that would require Transitional RTB
I meant a normal pref. You don't need rtb to change prefs.

Could you try to make them not interfere with car stereo if possible?
Impossible. They both attempt to set a sound on the vehicle and therefore conflict with each other. Although hopefully Filipe will add a toggle in the next update. I suggest you use the /boombox script instead, because it works perfectly with the vehicles.
Also, try to make it so that you get your hands back when you exit a vehicle's driver's seat.
This is likely an add-on conflict. I've never had this issue. Try using nothing but default add-ons and seeing if the issue persists.

Could at least when your inside the vehicle (First person) It actually sounds a lot quieter and smoother..
Most vehicles have silent mufflers, Unless you edit them..
With the current way the sound effects are set up, also impossible. It plays a 3D sound from the vehicle, so for people inside it's going to be alot louder. Frankly, there isn't much we can do about this. To set up a complicated sound scape that would allow this would cost more work than it's worth. If Filipe wanted to do it, that'd be fine, but I don't think he has that much spare time.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 07:28:47 AM by Emmanuel Goldstein »

I've been watching this topic for a while now, and everyone say it's absolutely impossible and will never be achieved to make enginedriftwhatever sounds not interfere with car stereo, while either I'm not getting something, or it's not only possible, but obvious.
One just has to call other channel than 0 for every of the custom sounds, like that:
Code: [Select]
%vehicle.playAudio(1, someCarSound);Please note that I have tested this on every vehicle I could have, including single-seater vehicles and it worked fine, so even if it looks like that's not going to work if Filipe has 3 sounds to use with 2-seater, it should work just fine.
Let alone that all, as far as I know Filipe has been already using this method for drift sounds.

TL;DR just use %vhicul.playAudio(1, someCarSound); and so on kthxbye

I can't change the engine sounds when you go to third or first person

Impossible. They both attempt to set a sound on the vehicle and therefore conflict with each other. Although hopefully Filipe will add a toggle in the next update. I suggest you use the /boombox script instead, because it works perfectly with the vehicles.
I was on a server with a private vehicle mod that applied the same sounds to every land vehicle on the server automatically that didn't interfere with stereo, plus multiple plane mods that don't either. I think that all you'd need to do is set a sound that played repeatedly instead of a music loop, but I'm not a scripter.

Introducing the Zenoz Mk3, based on the recently announced 3rd generation of the smart car (also awesome HD transparent pictures!)

Here is a comparison between the zenoz and the real car

Here is a P3d link of it
Zenoz Mk3 (View in 3D)

The interior is not done yet so there is details missing.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 09:31:29 PM by Filipe »

That looks Amazing, 10/10 even if not done.

jesus that looks great
i love these kei car-type vehicles

jesus that looks great
i love these kei car-type vehicles
That's not even a kei car.

That's not even a kei car.
It's actually considered as a kei car in Japan, also I'll make this one next.

Which is what the old zenoz was based from.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 12:14:11 PM by Filipe »

It's actually considered as a kei car in Japan, also I'll make this one next.

Which is what the old zenoz was based from.

Lol I've seen that car before! I saw Chuck Norris Riding it in an airport.. I heard that the Zenoz is smaller than my shoe size.. :3