Poll

What style of vehicle you would like to see more?

Modern expensive cars
6 (15.4%)
Early 2000's or 90's generic cheap cars (sedans or so on)
6 (15.4%)
Specific cars for specific purposes (Mail or ice cream van for example)
6 (15.4%)
60's luxury Cars
2 (5.1%)
70's whatever Cars
5 (12.8%)
80's iconic Cars
3 (7.7%)
Racing Cars (NASCAR, Le Mans, stuff like that)
3 (7.7%)
Eastern European Old Cars (Trabant or Lada vehicles for example)
1 (2.6%)
War Vehicles (yes that's right)
3 (7.7%)
Boats (not sure how I'll be able to do it but we'll see)
3 (7.7%)
Planes
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Filipe1020's Development Topic - LOCKED (Move to the Add-Ons Topic)  (Read 300225 times)

1000 times better than Phydeoux's motorcycles

Do you plan on making an old variant, like a 1940's motorcycle?

It is time to move on the motorcycles, this is the standard one, but it's mostly based on the Café Racers
-snip-
-snip-

Damn Filipe, what the forget are you on? You've been making this and that like if have a assembly line. Your fast.

Damn Filipe, what the forget are you on? You've been making this and that like if have a assembly line. Your fast.
Let's just say he's excited for this. :P

Would it be possible to make a way to do wheelies like I dunno hold the c key?

Would it be possible to make a way to do wheelies like I dunno hold the c key?
We cannot detect if the player is pressing the c key.
But hey, who knows if there is another option...

We cannot detect if the player is pressing the c key.
But hey, who knows if there is another option...

We can detect if the player is getting rammed head on by another vehicle in the Motorcycle by using relative velocity events so you can have that nice death moment from GTA5...

It is time to move on the motorcycles, this is the standard one, but it's mostly based on the Café Racers
-snip
-snip
Oh...my....god. I really want these. 11/5

I made a video showing them in action (with the support_bike by Lordician included allowing bicycles to jump and more!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-WJNWYESAY

I'm hoping (and I don't necessarily think this) that Support_Bike isn't client-sided.

I like that! Will the motorcycles have exhaust coming out with engine sounds?

Oh my god. It's amazing.

I'm hoping (and I don't necessarily think this) that Support_Bike isn't client-sided.
No it isn't, though for some cool sidething, we will advise you to use heightcontrol (the only way we can detect if you crouch when mounted to a vehicle currently).
There will also be a server command to do this however, making it available for everyone, but just not as easy. :)
I will make sure you don't need to have Heightcontrol in order for the bikes to work, but it will help.

I am currently still in the process of rewriting Heightcontrol too, downloading the current available version (rtb archive/mirrors) will not help, the new version will not be backwards compatible.

Also, i don't get why a lot of people immediately fear that some support script i have written contains a client side.
Heightcontrol needed it because for some reason crouching in a vehicle doesn't seem to be detectable serversided.
But that doesn't mean everything needs a client side. :P
It is also the reason why i decided to make it an add-on on it's own.
It makes more sense to have an add-on that contains the client then to put the client in every add-on that uses it.
This way everyone who has at least Heightcontrol would be able to play with Heightcontrol using add-ons.

But don't worry, Heightcontrol will be improved soon, maybe removing the need for crouching in a helicopter, while making it easier for other add-ons to use the crouch function in some way in their vehicle.
I can already safely say, you do not need to spam the space bar anymore as a non-Heightcontrolclient player, it will work for every kind of vehicle (flyingwheeled, wheeled, armor) and helicopters will not be able to fly upsidedown-ish while using the jump key anymore, at least, i wouldn't advise flying upsidedown and doing that anymore. :)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 03:37:27 AM by lordician »

I made a video showing them in action (with the support_bike by Lordician included allowing bicycles to jump and more!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-WJNWYESAY
bike confirmed dlc for smash 4
also what's that map I want it

I am a fan of the bus

city driving is showing off onVehicleSpawn events