Poll

Crucify Night Foxscotch?

Yes
26 (70.3%)
No
11 (29.7%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Straight Megathread - i didn't expect to get this far  (Read 31434 times)

since when am i reminding people of this fact?? People tend to forget that I'm aloveual but i don't really care. and i don't even use the word ace to describe myself.
Was I addressing you personally?

It's not with people bringing up their loveuality (although there are some people who do that a lot), but bringing up the fact that they're proud of their loveuality. Why does anyone need to be proud of having a particular loveuality?
And before someone jumps on that point, I'm not saying people should be ashamed about their loveuality. But it's possible to be entirely neutral about it.

I'm not ashamed of my loveuality, but it doesn't give me any reason to be proud either. It just is what I am. Nothing worth celebrating nor feeling bad about. That's the issue that lots of people have with loveual pride and flamboyancy.

yes... that is exactly what it means. do you have a better solution?
Just call yourself an aloveual. Seems a lot easier than calling yourself "ace" (which clearly has a completely different meaning and will almost always be misunderstood by someone unaware of the term), and then having to waste the time in the conversation to correct someone. When that happens you're not exactly saving the time it would otherwise take to just say "aloveual".

Why does anyone need to be proud of having a particular loveuality?
because they're marginalized...
Just call yourself an aloveual. Seems a lot easier than calling yourself "ace" (which clearly has a completely different meaning and will almost always be misunderstood by someone unaware of the term), and then having to waste the time in the conversation to correct someone. When that happens you're not exactly saving the time it would otherwise take to just say "aloveual".
do you think people know what gay or bi or straight means, before they're told?
why is it a problem for you?? if they want to explain it to people then what's the issue? that's not actually a complaint you can have because it doesn't affect you

I like to use the word "ace" to say somethings pretty cool or awesome etc.

I don't care if someone uses the word to describe their loveuality. It doesn't mean i'm going to treat the word any different.

because they're marginalized...
You don't see me shouting how The Netherlands is the best country when the amount of Dutch people here is small as stuff compared to the Americans?

You don't see me shouting how The Netherlands is the best country when the amount of Dutch people here is small as stuff compared to the Americans?
I have no idea what you're talking about, but I rarely see anyone saying that gay people are the best kind of people, and that is something beyond being proud of your loveuality

Just because you're a minority it doesn't mean you need to show your pride

it's not about minorities, it's about marginalization

why is this discussion even a thing
Because I didn't like something. :(

Because I didn't like something. :(
not liking something and insulting it are two different things

It's a dumb word.
Dumb. Dumb dumb dumb.

you seem very bitter about something

It's a dumb word.
Dumb. Dumb dumb dumb.
Are you going to fight me over it?

Are you going to fight me over it?
Get outta my way, nerd!!
*push*

Anyway no I just think it's a silly word. :D

Just wait until Tumblr finds this thread. We're all forgeted.

Get outta my way, nerd!!
*push*

:panda:

Just wait until Tumblr finds this thread. We're all forgeted.
Are you sure about that? There's a few tumblr users on this forum posting in this very topic!