FURDLES LIFE UPDATE: 'MERRICA!

Author Topic: FURDLES LIFE UPDATE: 'MERRICA!  (Read 583 times)

Okay guys so I got some super sad news today.
I've been defered for a year from going to America. I couldn't get my paperwork sorted in time so I have been defered for a year :'( another plus side is I've lost about £250 applying for a visa, which I wont be able to get back and will have to pay for next year when I re-apply.
Good news is I got a job and got some monies coming in, plus now I've got a summer ready to plan!

So now I am going to backpack around Europe for the summer!
I need some suggestions of nice places to visit, anyone with previous experience or knowledge from word of mouth would be nice.

Oh and the other day I found out I won tickets for the new X Men film for the London Premier, I won tickets for the 300 movie premier a few months ago and that was incredible, I am excited.

So YAH!! Reccomendations of places to go in Europe?

I would visit Iceland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Belgium, France, The Netherlands, Italy, and Switzerland.

and stay out

i've always wanted to go to Europe :s

go to the top gear place
i cant seem to remember where its at

I don't think it would interest you for the same reasons it would interest me, but Rome is great.

Just watch out for gypsies, turks (most of them on the streets are trying to swindle you out of money) and anyone in a car.

Other than that, I'd say Paris, Marseilles, Florence and most anywhere in Greece.

And don't go over the Alps.
They murder British people there.

Furdle should work for me.

go to the top gear place
i cant seem to remember where its at
Its actually quite near me, in the same county as me (please dont mis-read that as country)

I visited it once, I was an extra for one of them "seconds from disaster" plane crash documentaries, the episode was filmed on the track in the big jumbo jet you see in the background. When my mum came and picked me up she had to drive around like one side of the track! I didn't see much as I was only in that plane for the job, but I did see a few of the cars from the show parked in a small shelter outside of the studio.
I was thinking of suggestions more outside of England.

and stay out
Oh, I still have a VISA for the USA for 4 months that I could use.

I don't think it would interest you for the same reasons it would interest me, but Rome is great.

Just watch out for gypsies, turks (most of them on the streets are trying to swindle you out of money) and anyone in a car.

Other than that, I'd say Paris, Marseilles, Florence and most anywhere in Greece.

And don't go over the Alps.
They murder British people there.
I'm planning to stop through Paris for a night or two!
Its scary how that family who were shot in the Alps actually live down the road from me, quite literally! It would take me 5 minutes to walk to their house.

Go visit my ancestors in Italy.

I was thinking of suggestions more outside of England.
That said, have you considered backpacking across the UK?

It's much safer than Europe, and is a good place to start if you've never gone backpacking before.
You don't have to worry about foreign languages, foreigners themselves (not being xenophobic, but foreigners, particularly Europeans, do weird things that can be quite distressing to the English. Particularly things like touching the hair of strangers and such), you know the Emergency Services, if you get injured then you have the NHS and don't have to worry about having an EHIC (You better damn well have one of these if you do go to Europe) or hospitals asking for upfront fees, you know the food (not likely to get the stuffs), you can continue to use your regular phone network, plus you are safer with money since you can use banks and cashpoints across the country for no additional fees, and you don't have to worry about exchange rates.
And should anything really go wrong, you can be damn certain you can get a bus/coach back to London and be home within a day.

And there's an unbelievable amount of things to see wherever you go, whether it's in the South, the North, Wales, Scotland or even Ireland.
And what would be really great for you is that you can purchase a National Trust membership and that gets you into lots of places for free, whether they're castles, ruins, historic houses or more.

Given the amount to see and do in the UK, most people living here truly miss out on a lot.
I personally plan to do a camping/hiking holiday along the length of Hadrians Wall.

I've been super considering doing something like this too, I guess everybody wants to secretly.

go watch manchester city win the league on sunday!!!!

I've been super considering doing something like this too, I guess everybody wants to secretly.
We have some truly fantastic islands to explore.
There's so much tourism from other Europeans here, and I think most people just wonder what they see in the country.

I think the popular media view is that the Sun and Sea are where you should be, and most people look to the Med or the Americas for that.

But really though, this country is home, and it has so much to offer.
You can take the man out of Britain, but you can't take Britain out of the man.
And if I die without having covered the length and breadth of this country I'll have died a poor man.

It's much safer than Europe, and is a good place to start if you've never gone backpacking before.
You don't have to worry about foreign languages, foreigners themselves (not being xenophobic, but foreigners, particularly Europeans, do weird things that can be quite distressing to the English. Particularly things like touching the hair of strangers and such), you know the Emergency Services, if you get injured then you have the NHS and don't have to worry about having an EHIC (You better damn well have one of these if you do go to Europe) or hospitals asking for upfront fees, you know the food (not likely to get the stuffs), you can continue to use your regular phone network, plus you are safer with money since you can use banks and cashpoints across the country for no additional fees, and you don't have to worry about exchange rates.
And should anything really go wrong, you can be damn certain you can get a bus/coach back to London and be home within a day.

And there's an unbelievable amount of things to see wherever you go, whether it's in the South, the North, Wales, Scotland or even Ireland.
And what would be really great for you is that you can purchase a National Trust membership and that gets you into lots of places for free, whether they're castles, ruins, historic houses or more.

Given the amount to see and do in the UK, most people living here truly miss out on a lot.
I personally plan to do a camping/hiking holiday along the length of Hadrians Wall.
A nice suggestion, but I really want to visit some cultures I haven't experienced.
I backpacked in Africa pretty much by myself and I was fine, I got ill at times and delt with it, I'm a pretty hardened traveller and I think I could even manage backpacking by myself but I'm going to be going with one or two friends :)