Vehicles with more than 8 wheels

Author Topic: Vehicles with more than 8 wheels  (Read 5351 times)

There is a limit set (from what I remember) that you cannot go over 8 tires on a vehicle, even though I need 12 for something I am working on. Is there some way to bypass such a limit and also have it be something that Badspot isn't against, possibly?

I know that Stratofortress had bypassed the projectile speed limit, and I don't know if there is some link in making more wheels on a vehicle.

I have no clue why the limit would be at 8 wheels, its stupid really. That is, unless there is some real reason that has to do with vehicle physics that this is capped.

What happens when you try to do twelve wheels?

What happens when you try to do twelve wheels?
The higher 4 hubs don't have wheels that they were coded to have.

Why do you need more than 8 wheels? Can't you just animate some wheels on or something

you should never need more than four wheels, if anything just make them invisble and animate every wheel in the model file itself

however
I know that Stratofortress had bypassed the projectile speed limit
What weapon did he do this for, I need that snippet of code

you should never need more than four wheels, if anything just make them invisble and animate every wheel in the model file itself

howeverWhat weapon did he do this for, I need that snippet of code
It looks really strange on terrain builds if this vehicle would have false wheels, it just doesn't work out.

and strat's F-18 had this, which I'm pretty sure is released? Not certain.

It's been released on RTB, not sure where to download it anymore.

I keep forgetting that exists.
How? It's posted on like every other topic.

No idea if it works or not, but you could try mounting them manually after spawning the vehicle.
Code: [Select]
%vehicle.setWheelSpring(wheelindex,springbatablock);
%vehicle.setWheelTire(wheelindex,tirebatablock);

This is probably a handicapped idea but could you parent a second vehicle to the first :D

No idea if it works or not, but you could try mounting them manually after spawning the vehicle.
Code: [Select]
%vehicle.setWheelSpring(wheelindex,springbatablock);
%vehicle.setWheelTire(wheelindex,tirebatablock);

That does not allow it to work, I've tried it.

This is probably a handicapped idea but could you parent a second vehicle to the first :D
That will not work either :P