Author Topic: Building a Computer  (Read 819 times)

Recently my computer has started to crash alot and is getting old. So my family decided it is time to get a new computer. We wanted something that could last a long time and give the best preformance. So i thought why don't i build one!

If any of you have had experience building a PC, what are some good suggestions on compents that are needed. Such as motherboard, CPU, GPU, HDD, PSU, etc.

I am just looking for brand names and model type.

Thanks!

Crash a lot != broken. I've got a 16 year old PC that runs (I don't use it) and a 9 year-old PC that I use. You need to learn how to take care of them.

Crash a lot != broken. I've got a 16 year old PC that runs (I don't use it) and a 9 year-old PC that I use. You need to learn how to take care of them.
He didn't say anything about it actually being broken, or anything about the age of his PC.

What's your budget like?

He didn't say anything about it actually being broken, or anything about the age of his PC.
Recently my computer has started to crash alot and is getting old. So my family decided it is time to get a new computer. We wanted something that could last a long time and give the best preformance. So i thought why don't i build one!

Outdated != Usable

All i want is some recomended parts, that's it. You dont have to know the budget, just what has worked best for you.

You dont have to know the budget, just what has worked best for you.
Yes, we do need to know the budget, otherwise someone's going to say "four of these $1000 dollar video cards, this $1000 dollar cpu, etc worked the best for me!"
An extreme example obviously

All we're asking is "how much are you willing/able to spend on it"

Without a budget, I'm just going to suggest 4 Tahiti Radeon cards.

Yes, we do need to know the budget, otherwise someone's going to say "four of these $1000 dollar video cards, this $1000 dollar cpu, etc worked the best for me!"
An extreme example obviously

All we're asking is "how much are you willing/able to spend on it"

i understand, however i just want to know what has worked the best for you. Once i do this then i will take the recomendatons and the prices an determin what i am willing to spend.