Author Topic: Bullet Holes  (Read 5223 times)

The half-life 2 weapon pack has them, except I want this to be extended a lot more.
It should:
-Work with any weapon
-Work with any projectile
-Place a bullet hole decal at the point where the projectile hit
-Be conservative- Once the bullet holes reach 200, any other bullet holes spawned after that will delete some old bullet holes.
So shooting 201 bullets would make it so that there's currently 200 bullet holes in the server.
-[OPTIONAL] have different material bricks, and have a bullet hole that corresponds with the material when shot.
-Ignore special bricks, round bricks, ramp bricks, and any brick that isn't completely flat. Unless you want to do something hacky and difficult
-Be compatible with the blood mod
-Allow the host or super admin to set what projectiles the mod ignores
Wouldn't this be great?
You could use this image for the decal. It looks childish but it won't when it's small and on a brick

What Half Life 2 weapon pack?

Also, i thought bullet holes stopped working after v21 because they'd only appear at certain angles on interiors

We can't exactly just put a decal somewhere. You would have to create a one face dts, and then apply the image as a texture. Unfortunately dts doesn't support alpha textures, so you would have to model the actual bullet hole. Having 200 of those spawned would, let's say, not be too efficient.

We can't exactly just put a decal somewhere. You would have to create a one face dts, and then apply the image as a texture. Unfortunately dts doesn't support alpha textures, so you would have to model the actual bullet hole. Having 200 of those spawned would, let's say, not be too efficient.
then how does that one blood mod work where it spawns blood decals everywhere?

This

Same deal, they're actually models.

Exactly how I posted.

The blood mod allows 199 blood decals, and I haven't seen any slowdown or heard complaints from the people gutting each other on my server.

It's not "too efficient" but it seems it can be done

Unfortunately dts doesn't support alpha textures
the forget

explain every single jvs door that has those "black75" or whatever textures. they seem to work just fine.

the forget

explain every single jvs door that has those "black75" or whatever textures. they seem to work just fine.
Stop attempting to hate on my posts for no reason while also having absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Stop attempting to hate on my posts for no reason while also having absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
here's an example, this one called "black25" from vehicle_citybus.

here's an example, this one called "black25" from vehicle_citybus.

It's still not alpha as you think it is.
It can't be 100% transparent.

It's still not alpha as you think it is.
It can't be 100% transparent.
alright now i get it

Maybe they wouldn't hate on them if you actually said things that were true. At some point I set the decal limit to ~500 and had about 60% bullet holes and 40% blood, all over the map. Nobody complained about any slowdown.

Maybe they wouldn't hate on them if you actually said things that were true. At some point I set the decal limit to ~500 and had about 60% bullet holes and 40% blood, all over the map. Nobody complained about any slowdown.
Then why was your wip murder mystery (the one in mote mansion) causing massive fps issues after a few rounds without cleaning up the blood shapes?

Also that has nothing to do with alpha cutout textures/shaders.