Author Topic: Doors, Buttons, and Levers! (submit your ideas)  (Read 5374 times)

So, I'm working on some Brick Buttons, they work as they should (and they look really good imo)

BUT

I need some button and lever designs... and also doors (I figured I might as well do doors too)

Here's a image of those I have done already

The Dial-switch has 3 stages, similar to doors: Closed, OpenCW, and OpenCCW. And I imagine a lever could have similar functions, I am even working
on a Garage-Door that can be Closed, Half-open, and Open. (Sliding doors could maybe also function like that, but I don't know if it'll look as good as JVS)
And yes, I know I should make all the buttons/levers in both horizontal and vertical versions, but I need some designs first!

Again: Doors, Buttons, and Levers
Submit your idea if you want to. Thank you in advance *flies away*
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 04:03:49 AM by Emil »

So, I'm working on some Brick Buttons, they work as they should (and they look really good imo)

BUT

I need some button and lever designs... and also doors (I figured I might as well do doors too)

Again: Doors, Buttons, and Levers
Submit your idea if you want to. Thank you in advance *flies away*

Textures pls. Also a valve maybe.

Also the sliding thing in this image:

The one left of the light switch, that is.

a keypad with a light, when you click it, it's "opens", making the light turn green.

a keypad with a light, when you click it, it's "opens", making the light turn green.

On the same topic of security, maybe a hand scanner would be pretty cool as well. I seen prints of it somewhere but having a brick version would be more efficient. You could have OpenCW for a green version (correct) or OpenCCW for a red version (incorrect) for both the hand scanner and the keypad.

What about a fader? Like on a soundboard or lighting board?
Also yeah a valve. And maybe a steering wheel and flight control sticks

Small and large valves, horizontal, vertical and upside down.

Those large lever/breaker switches that noone actually uses in real life but every game has.

a keycard swiper or eye scanner :D
or just a good ol handprint pad. even though blockos dont have "hands"

Quote from: Badspot
The JVS events are a complete clusterforget and should be permanently abandoned.

EDIT: Are you using JVS events? Because if you are, you really shouldn't.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 03:13:41 PM by the hacker »

EDIT: Are you using JVS events? Because if you are, you really shouldn't.
And why not? Because badspot said so?

These are oviously using the plain default door brick system.

These are oviously using the plain default door brick system.
(Sliding doors could maybe also function like that, but I don't know if it'll look as good as JVS)

(Sliding doors could maybe also function like that, but I don't know if it'll look as good as JVS)
Clearly indicates that he is not using it and is worried that his doors won't be up to par with JVS. Your point?

Clearly indicates that he is not using it and is worried that his doors won't be up to par with JVS. Your point?

Is Trader your buttbuddy or something? The only issue I have with the blb doors is that the support is kinda ridiculous on how it does it. You can't change the sounds (it should've had onDoorOpen/onDoorClose playsound events for that instead). That'd be about it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 05:13:32 PM by LeetZero »

Is Trader your buttbuddy or something? The only issue I have with the blb doors is that the support is kinda ridiculous on how it does it. You can't change the sounds (it should've had onDoorOpen/onDoorClose playsound events for that instead). That'd be about it.
Not to mention JVS is broken in multiple ways.

Textures pls. Also a valve maybe.

Also the sliding thing in this image:

The one left of the light switch, that is.
Whoa, where can I find those? I need that.