Author Topic: The Lord of The Rings RPG: A Production Diary  (Read 7843 times)

Oh my, it's really nice! :D

Totally not sure on what to build next. I really want to do minas tirith, but I want to have helm's deep as the first kind of beginning area.
I've got a great idea of how I would do minas tirith, with a combination of detailed buildings sitting on plain walls.

updated OP, made it less messy! :)

if you make rivendell i will just cant

I've decided to start on Minas Tirith.
I'm kinda busy for the next few days so there wont be much progress, but I can confirm The Shire is finished and ready to be played!

Minas Tirith is going to be loving HUGE.

Shot out to my home boy Thorfin25 for helping me event the Shire so I can call it done!
Awe, stop it bae, you're embarrassing me!

I've just been at archery for a few hours and I swear whenever I go I always get inspiration to build medieval stuff
que game of thrones intro song

Openin tha server

Progress is here!

I've finished all my research, I have a rough idea of how the whole thing looks. Although I will have to use my imaginations as the only interior images I can find are of the main citadel.

Althought I've only had help from Thorfin for events and Didgler with creating bricks, I wouldn't mind some assistance with building. Give me a PM if you feel your skill is strong enough to work on Minas Tirith.
You style does not have to be detailed, as a lot of exterior needs to be done, and as you can see is quite bland, strong features.
With that in mind, detailed builders will still be needed and terrainists.

;I can finish this on my own, but assistance would be greatly appreciated.

are you basing this build off the books or the movies?

are you basing this build off the books or the movies?
Movies.
I dont read much so I tend to build everything using inspiration from pictures/movies.

I have found a really good model someone has made on deviant of Minas Tirith, I'm using that for reference as the movie only showed extreme long shots of Minas Tirith and nothing in detail.
Server is up now if anyone wants to come along and hang out.

Well either way, it looks great so far. Keep up the good work!

i cant wait to see this city finished!