Author Topic: "Topic Too Old"  (Read 1327 times)

I have noticed that I am prompted with "Topic too old" and am unable to make a post whenever I attempt to post on a topic that has been around for a while.

I have never really paid much attention to the message before but it is extremely annoying now as I am forced to post my add-ons on this forum due to the closure of RTB. Every time I want to update an add-on of mine I am unable to bump or modify my add-on topic with the update and its details. This makes managing my add-ons very difficult, and unless I create a new topic to inform my users they will not receive the update which could be a big issue if the point of the update is to fix bugs.

I understand that this feature is necessary to avoid very old topics from being bumped needlessly. However in this case of add-ons an exception would benefit both the forums and add-on users alike. Allowing only the topic starter to bump or modify their post on the add-on section would mean no unnecessary new topics would have to be created, and add-on users are able to receive updates and bug-fixes from the official topic.

tl;dr I can't update my add-ons god damn it.

Support from other add-on makers would be much appreciated
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 10:31:26 AM by General »

Just contact the person who made the addon instead of bumping a dead thread. That's how it's supposed to work. Woops, I misread the topic. Nothing you can do about that, sorry bro
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 10:38:45 AM by Ipquarx »

Did you even read?
He clearly didn't.

Your only choices are to ask Badspot to force-bump it or make a new topic.
Theres nothing else you can do. The reason the forum has this block is to stop people from bumping super ancient topics from 4 years ago.

He clearly didn't.

Your only choices are to ask Badspot to force-bump it or make a new topic.
Theres nothing else you can do. The reason the forum has this block is to stop people from bumping super ancient topics from 4 years ago.
I understand that, but from what I've experienced the time limit of a post is only a month or two, that's not at all enough time.

I could ask Badspot for just one bump but I doubt he would bother with one person's problem. Besides having to ask every time is unnecessary with a simple fix.

I think it would be cool to be able to bump your own topic instead of it always saying 'Topic too Old' every time you try.
Though you really can't do much about it.

You could incorporate Support_Updater into your add-ons.

Why don't you make an add-on dump? Gravity Cat and Pecon ^ did that, and I'm sure some others did as well.

Make a megathread. It's easy to manage.

Just post a new topic for the add-on.

Even better, combine all add-ons in one thread - this is much easier to keep alive as you post more add-ons and more people reply.

Make a new thread with all of your addons, and this time just do what pecon said.

Support_Updater is a bit ugly though.

The point of the theme was to integrate into Blockland's UI theme as well as possible, and it does that perfectly. Complain about Blockland's UI to someone else.

It gets the job done...sorry if the aesthetics don't fit your needs

I'll look into the updater system, it looks interesting. However, I do not want to fully rely on an add-on which might no longer be supported at one point.

And also, I do have a mega-thread for my add-ons. The problem still persists with it however, I am no longer able to add more add-ons to that thread.